1 reply to this topic

#1 kmehr

kmehr

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 82 posts

Posted 17 June 2020 - 04:49 PM

I've been looking at solutions to replace my 4 standard camper jacks and a Stable lift has come up.  I can't justify spending the $3,000+ for a new setup (that's more than I've got in my whole camper).  But, the system looks like a dream.  Super easy to unload, looks like it works on unlevel ground etc...  My truck is fairly tall and the four jacks just have to be maxed out to get into my bed and it's a wobbly nightmare.  I'm wanting to fabricate something similar to improve my situation.

The two main things I see to making the stable lift so great are 1) the "legs" are all tied together and that helps prevent wobble, and 2) the whole system lifts together vs. my four individual jacks that shift the weight of my camper all over the place.

My main question is this- how do the stable lift jacks all lift equally at the same time?  Is it a hydraulic setup?

Edited by kmehr, 17 June 2020 - 04:49 PM.

Former- '83 Jayco Sportster 7 (fully rebuilt, sold) on 05 Dodge 2500 Cummins (sold)

Current: '23 Outfitter Juno 8.5 on '22 Ram 2500 Cummins

1970 Toyota FJ40

#2 Old Crow

Old Crow

Searching....

• Members
  • 1,059 posts
  • LocationSouth Central PA

Posted 22 June 2020 - 03:02 PM

I was hoping someone with direct knowledge of Stable-Lift would post but since that hasn't happened, I'll take a shot at it rather than let the question go unanswered.

After reading a few articles, particularly this Weld Done: Stable Lift Factory Tour one from Truck Camper Magazine, I believe it's simply electrically-operated screw jacks controlled by a switch for each motor.   As far as I can tell, it's up to the operator of the switches to keep the camper level (or not!).

According to this Weekender Camper with Stable-Lift System article, the system can accommodate up to ten inches of slope. I can't quite envision how it's able to do that.  There's a longish thread here on that topic.

'01 FWC Hawk shell on a '13 Tundra Double-Cab  + '19 Ford Transit van with Quigley 4x4 option

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users