rD1offrd

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 19 July 2020 - 03:04 PM

2018 FWC Hawk Silver Spur

2006 Ram 3500 build

Package price $62k obo

We absolutely LOVE this build and once it was dialed in, it has performed absolutely flawlessly.  Regrettably, we’ve had some life changes and will not be traveling for the foreseeable future. This is your opportunity. This build would be well over $90k and burn 6-9 months of your life to replicate.  

If your serious about exploring the remote areas of the Americas,  consider passing on a new electronics laden truck for your base build.  You’ll be glad you did. Adequately servicing, much less repairing them in most 3rd world locations, or frankly most of rural America, can prove to be a real trip killer.  Instead of spending $120k-$170k on another “me-too” Pinterest/Instagram build, then taking a $50-$90k depreciation hit when your adventure is over.. Invest in a functional, reliable, off road capable, all over in and out of the US, get yourself back home while having fun, REAL adventure expedition setup. 

Base for build is a Dodge Ram, 1Ton, 4WD, Full Delete - NO DEF, Cummins 5.9, built for real world reliability, fuel mileage, hauling capacity and function. It will burn any diesel fuel, anywhere you go. Speaking of going, this will take you everywhere between Inuvik, Northwest Territories, Canada and Tierra del Fuego, Argentina. We’ve experienced up to 25mpg on the highway and have towed/hauled over 20,000lbs with ease (yes I know that’s over GVWR), although we only achieved 14mpg on that leg!  We searched the country for 6 months for a low mile, one owner, rust free, impeccably serviced, 5.9 Cummins.  When we found it, we built it out into the beautiful functional beast that it is.  Although not shiny new and jammed with the latest electronic gizmo’s (and I love gizmo’s) parts for this beauty are inexpensive, available world wide, and any Joe or Jose’ that can wrench a tractor or semi.. can fix your rig anywhere on the planet from Utah to Uruguay.  Not that you should need to fix it, these trucks are known to be easy to maintain and super reliable for 500k miles.

Truck Features - Full auxiliary instrumentation and live monitoring of all engine and transmission functions.

5 - 35” load range E all terrain Nitto’s at 70%

Steel Wheels

BuckStop Bumper - Google them (designed for you to survive highway speed elk strikes)

12k lb winch

Custom Exterior Storage - lockable, water, dust and theft resistant secure storage for recovery gear, outside kitchen equipment, tools, compressor, generator, chainsaw, drone, etc. 

Dual Removable Swing-Out Spare Carrier and Rear Storage Box Swing Outs lock together to fully secure the interior of FWC - park and hike, backpack, or kayak, and all your stuff is still there on return.

Heavy Duty Hellwig Big Wig Sway bar

AirLift air bags

Bilstein 5100’s all around

Virtually every steering and suspension component is new

Auxiliary LED lighting

Auxiliary lockable military fuel can racks

New batteries

Religious oil changes Rotella full synthetic 

All fluids flushed and changed less than 20k miles ago

FWC Hawk Features - Silver Spur interior and exterior package

Front dinette w/ swivel table 

2 way 130 liter fridge/freezer

Forced air furnace w/thermostat

6 gal water heater w/ outdoor shower

20 gallon fresh water tank

1 Fantastic fan

1 MaxxAir fan

Thermal Pack

8’ Side Awning

Rear Wall Steps

Yakima tracks 

Full Exterior LED Lighting 

2 deep cycle batteries

Flush mount sink/stove 

King Bed slide out

160 watt solar panels w/ controller

Everything on and in camper is aesthetically 98% + and functionally 100%. No leaks, odors, or issues at all.

#2 storm

storm

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 19 July 2020 - 03:20 PM

Where is the rig located?

Sell camper separately?

Pictures?

#3 kzlucas

kzlucas

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 19 July 2020 - 03:29 PM

It will go 500k miles but mileage isn’t listed.
Guess it must be 499,000 since it’s been from Inuvik to Argentina and everywhere in between.

#4 rD1offrd

rD1offrd

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 19 July 2020 - 09:55 PM

We're in Northern Idaho.  Mileage is 138k (my bad, sorry).  Extra $10k in price for SmartA$$'s   :rolleyes:

#5 rD1offrd

rD1offrd

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 19 July 2020 - 10:09 PM

Prefer to not sell Camper seperately.  Sorry about pic's.  I don't have any that are a small enough file size to load.  I'llpost to Craigslist and include the link.  Here it is: https://spokane.crai...7162331315.html

#6 kzlucas

kzlucas

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 20 July 2020 - 08:05 PM

We're in Northern Idaho. Mileage is 138k (my bad, sorry). Extra $10k in price for SmartA$$'s :rolleyes:

I deserve that. I’ve been shopping for a new truck to carry my Hallmark popup. Ads deliberately leaving out an obvious and important detail, like mileage, have become a personal annoyance.

Bad ass rig! Good luck with your sale.

#7 eyemgh

eyemgh

• Members
  • 312 posts

Posted 28 July 2020 - 05:39 AM

Did you sell it? The CL listing is down. 

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Hawk, Cummins, Custom

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users