21 replies to this topic

#11 ski3pin

ski3pin

Belay On

• Site Team
  • 15,256 posts
  • LocationSierra Nevada Range

Posted 21 July 2020 - 05:34 PM

Great reports! I, too, have a wife who likes to wonder off when I turn my back. All things considered, I wouldn’t have it any other way.

MDR, thanks for chiming in with such a nice comment. I wouldn't have it any other way either! :)

2003 Ford Ranger FX4 Level II 2013 ATC Bobcat SE "And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years."- Abraham Lincoln  http://ski3pin.blogspot.com/

#12 CoreyTrevor

CoreyTrevor

• Members
  • 120 posts
  • LocationEastern Sierra

Posted 21 July 2020 - 06:56 PM

Thanks for that one! I enjoy your and others' explorations in what feels like my backyard. I can learn new places and things to try to find within an hour or less from home. More really fun mysteries to solve!

I think I see where you were camped in the Benton hills area, unless those photos were some of those intentionally misleading ones you have said you've done before.  :)  Now I'm going to have to go and try to find that amazing site you found asap! My wife has been bugging me to go camping anyway, but in a tent since the FWC project is still progressing. I bet there are still some footprints left too...    I know better than to ask for details.   :P

I can see the back side of those big rock formations from my window! We've been playing in that area since before we lived here.

Thanks! Good luck with the nightmare when you get home, if you ever go home!

2012 Eagle Shell on 2006 Dodge Quadcab CTD 4wd 6-speed

#13 Casa Escarlata Robles Too

Casa Escarlata Robles Too

C'est la vie

• Site Team
  • 9,269 posts
  • Locationmonterey bay area

Posted 21 July 2020 - 11:00 PM

Thanks Ski.What a great find that habitation site.

Good eyes.

Nice looking gopher snake also.Did you wish it happy snake week?

Frank

2002 Tundra AC TRD 4WD Limited 2009 ATC Bobcat loaded http://sharychic.blogspot.com/

#14 ski3pin

ski3pin

Belay On

• Site Team
  • 15,256 posts

Posted 24 July 2020 - 03:21 PM

Thanks for that one! I enjoy your and others' explorations in what feels like my backyard. I can learn new places and things to try to find within an hour or less from home. More really fun mysteries to solve!

I think I see where you were camped in the Benton hills area, unless those photos were some of those intentionally misleading ones you have said you've done before.  :)  Now I'm going to have to go and try to find that amazing site you found asap! My wife has been bugging me to go camping anyway, but in a tent since the FWC project is still progressing. I bet there are still some footprints left too...    I know better than to ask for details.   :P

I can see the back side of those big rock formations from my window! We've been playing in that area since before we lived here.

Thanks! Good luck with the nightmare when you get home, if you ever go home!

Corey, thanks and have fun out there! :)

2003 Ford Ranger FX4 Level II 2013 ATC Bobcat SE "And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years."- Abraham Lincoln  http://ski3pin.blogspot.com/

#15 ski3pin

ski3pin

Belay On

• Site Team
  • 15,256 posts

Posted 24 July 2020 - 03:22 PM

Thanks Ski.What a great find that habitation site.

Good eyes.

Nice looking gopher snake also.Did you wish it happy snake week?

Frank

Thanks Frank! :)

#16 CoreyTrevor

CoreyTrevor

• Members
  • 120 posts
  • LocationEastern Sierra

Posted 24 July 2020 - 05:44 PM

Corey, thanks and have fun out there! :)

I went out and wandered around. Didn't find your find but I did find two stone circles I thought I might have spotted on GE. Not near each other, and about 13 to 15 feet in diameter each. No petros though.

We will probably camp up there often, so I can keep looking around for the rest of my life!

#17 ski3pin

ski3pin

Belay On

• Site Team
  • 15,256 posts

Posted 28 July 2020 - 04:43 PM

I went out and wandered around. Didn't find your find but I did find two stone circles I thought I might have spotted on GE. Not near each other, and about 13 to 15 feet in diameter each. No petros though.

We will probably camp up there often, so I can keep looking around for the rest of my life!

Then it's time for another trip. :)

The search is the most fun. Finding is just icing on the cake. :)

#18 CoreyTrevor

CoreyTrevor

• Members
  • 120 posts
  • LocationEastern Sierra

Posted 28 July 2020 - 05:17 PM

It was already time for another trip. It's only 40 minutes from my house.

I went back out to look for another circle I saw on GE. In a few hours I found that one and 5 (!) others I just happened onto. All within about 1/2 mile of each other.

Was it just a really popular area?

#19 teledork

teledork

Pinyon Jay

• Members
  • 577 posts
  • Locationeastern sierra

Posted 31 July 2020 - 02:55 PM

I believe this is the tree and rock at the Granite Mountain campsite. We named it Rattlesnake Camp for the little one which crawled out of the fire ring.

#20 ski3pin

ski3pin

Belay On

• Site Team
  • 15,256 posts

Posted 05 August 2020 - 04:44 PM

I believe this is the tree and rock at the Granite Mountain campsite. We named it Rattlesnake Camp for the little one which crawled out of the fire ring.

attachicon.gifScan 19-44-37.jpg

And I believe you are correct! :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users