• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#11 camelracer

camelracer

• Members
  • 960 posts
  • LocationGoleta, Ca

Posted 24 July 2020 - 06:19 PM

Sun exposure is not always the problem. I had a Melanoma removed from the bottom of my foot.

2002 Fiat 2500 CTD 4x4, FWC Grandby 1951 Willys CJ3A

#12 kmacafee

kmacafee

• Members
  • 296 posts
  • LocationSt. Paul, MN

Posted 26 July 2020 - 12:52 PM

According to a dermatologist, any sunscreen with an SPF over 30 is marketing, nothing more.

#13 Vic

Vic

• Members
  • 350 posts
  • Locationcamping somewhere in the Sierra Nevada range

Posted 26 July 2020 - 03:11 PM

I used this article to ask my wife if I could have a convertible to gain valuable vitamin D on my daily commute.  

She said sure, as long as I could get health insurance to pay for it.

Until then, I'll continue with my wide brim floppy hat and spend as much time outdoors as I can.  I'd say just being outdoors to get the sunshine is probably a related factor, especially for this cubical dweller.

- Vic

"I took the road less traveled.  Now I don't know where I am"

2014 Dodge Ram 3500 diesel & Hallmark Everest.  (Former Rig - 99 Ram 2500/ 2000 Sunlite Eagle pop-up)

#14 iowahiker

iowahiker

• Members
  • 487 posts
  • Locationiowa

Posted 12 August 2020 - 09:29 PM

Yes you can get melanoma genetically, our son also had it on the bottom of his foot at birth.  First thing I noticed at birth, what the h*** is that?  Eventually it was cut off when he was older.  

Sunburn destroys vitamin D created by sunlight and damages skin cells.  NEVER get sunburn!!!!

I never wear sun screen but collect LARGE brim hats and always wear long sleeves and long pants in the sun.  

I collect sun light for health, 5-10 minutes per side per day depending on the strength of the sun (less on July 1, more on October 1), every chance I can in a bathing suit.  Think rotisserie. 

I had pre-cancer cut off from sunburn when folks did not know the risks of sunlight.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users