16 replies to this topic

#11 Foy

Foy

Resident Geologist

• Members
  • 1,295 posts
  • LocationRaleigh, NC

Posted 23 July 2020 - 11:39 AM

And it is completely remiss on my part to have failed to have thanked Occidental, first and foremost, for another fine trip report from parts of Montana and Idaho which I've never seen, but one day will!

Kudos, Sir.

#12 AWG_Pics

AWG_Pics

Into the Great Empty

• Members
  • 1,193 posts
  • LocationOregon

Posted 23 July 2020 - 01:33 PM

So Stockman's Bar in downtown Missoula, Montana has for at least the 42 years since I first darkened the door in 1978 used the slogan: Stockman's Bar: Liquor up front, poker in the rear.

Bullseye in one! Foy for the win!

As I recall they made some mean Kamikazies as well. Followed by a beer chaser, they had an undeniable effect!

Edited by AWG_Pics, 23 July 2020 - 01:33 PM.

lived for several years each in Montana, Utah, Idaho, Texas, Washington, Oregon.

2019 Tundra, Hawk.

https://www.flickr.c...hotos/awg_pics/

#13 goinoregon

goinoregon

• Members
  • 517 posts
  • LocationPDX

Posted 11 August 2020 - 11:29 PM

Excellent trip reports, and great luck getting on a smith river permit.  years ago i called a fishing friend in walla walla, to get some fishing intel, and he drops the question - 'hey, would you want to get in on our middle fork permit this year'??  duh !  i said for sure, and asked if they had room for 1 more. they did.  called my old army bud out on the east coast, and said he had to go.  we had a great time..  we brought elk steaks for our stint at cooking dinner.

go

Oregon

#14 Smokecreek1

Smokecreek1

Smokecreek1

• Members
  • 2,761 posts
  • LocationNE Calif/NW Nev

Posted 12 August 2020 - 06:50 PM

Wow-nice TR, nice country, never been in that part of the world, so glad you took us there.  Rafting, fishing, even bears, but the golf course, don't know about that :P !    Again Thanks for taking us along!

Smoke

Smokecreek1:99F1504x4with05Granby

#15 Occidental

Occidental

• Members
  • 365 posts
  • LocationHome is where you park it

Posted 13 August 2020 - 02:23 AM

Thanks all for taking a look and leaving a comment. Yes, I'm no golfer, I may have played one round since our last Smith in 2018, but it's a nice spot for an out of the ordinary break anyhow. If you are on the river at least stop for a home made ice cream sandwich.

2020 Ford Ranger, 2012 Eagle

http://www.occidentalist.org

#16 Lighthawk

Lighthawk

Weekend warrior

• Members
  • 3,319 posts
  • LocationNevada City, CA

Posted 14 August 2020 - 05:16 AM

Great trip report of top notch river time.

2021 RAM 3500 Crew 4x4, 6.4 hemi/8 speed trans with 4.10 gears, Timber Grove bags, Falken Wildpeak 35" tires.

OEV Aluma 6.75 flatbed, Bundutec Odyssey camper on order for 2024

For this year we're still using our 2008 FWC Hawk with victron DC-DC charger, 130w solar, MPPT controler

with 2000w inverter and external 120v output and 12v solar input with 100w portable solar.   http://lighthawkphoto.com

#17 myjo

myjo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 23 August 2020 - 10:43 AM

Great visual storytelling! What an epic trip!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: smith river, blackfoot river, montana, Stanley Idaho

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users