18 replies to this topic

#1 ski3pin

ski3pin

Belay On

• Site Team
  • 15,316 posts
  • LocationSierra Nevada Range

Posted 23 July 2020 - 09:17 PM

Leaving the Warner Mountains, we journeyed east to the Warner Lakes in Oregon. I've completed the story and photos and it is posted to our blog that can be found here -

Warner Lakes Basin - June 2020

We hope this is still fun for you to follow along! :)

2003 Ford Ranger FX4 Level II 2013 ATC Bobcat SE "And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years."- Abraham Lincoln  http://ski3pin.blogspot.com/

#2 Casa Escarlata Robles Too

Casa Escarlata Robles Too

C'est la vie

• Site Team
  • 9,285 posts
  • Locationmonterey bay area

Posted 23 July 2020 - 10:39 PM

Thanks Ski.

Quite a stone wall.Could you figure out how long it was?

Lots of great rock art.

You always find such great art.

Frank

2002 Tundra AC TRD 4WD Limited 2009 ATC Bobcat loaded http://sharychic.blogspot.com/

#3 Wandering Sagebrush

Wandering Sagebrush

Free Range Human

• Site Team
  • 10,575 posts
  • LocationNortheast Oregon

Posted 23 July 2020 - 11:21 PM

Wonderful trip reports!  Our thanks to you and The Lady for letting us tag along!

I am haunted by waters

#4 WjColdWater

WjColdWater

• Members
  • 401 posts
  • LocationIL

Posted 24 July 2020 - 12:33 AM

Man you guys are on a roll! Outstanding trip report, great subject matter too! Thanks for the ride along!

Wayne

#5 ski3pin

ski3pin

Belay On

• Site Team
  • 15,316 posts

Posted 24 July 2020 - 03:36 PM

Thanks Ski.

Quite a stone wall.Could you figure out how long it was?

Lots of great rock art.

You always find such great art.

Frank

Frank, we don't know the length and could only imagine the amount of work it took with careful stacking of the stones. Someone sure knew what they were doing to build it. Thanks for the kind comments. More to come! :)

2003 Ford Ranger FX4 Level II 2013 ATC Bobcat SE "And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years."- Abraham Lincoln  http://ski3pin.blogspot.com/

#6 ski3pin

ski3pin

Belay On

• Site Team
  • 15,316 posts

Posted 24 July 2020 - 03:38 PM

Thanks guys for the nice comments! There is so much to see around every corner. We're going to do our best to see it all! :)

Wonderful trip reports!  Our thanks to you and The Lady for letting us tag along!

Man you guys are on a roll! Outstanding trip report, great subject matter too! Thanks for the ride along!

Wayne

#7 Occidental

Occidental

• Members
  • 365 posts
  • LocationHome is where you park it

Posted 24 July 2020 - 03:59 PM

Frank, we don't know the length and could only imagine the amount of work it took with careful stacking of the stones. Someone sure knew what they were doing to build it. Thanks for the kind comments. More to come! :)

Ok, you got me curious. I measured it using google earth. Approximately 400 feet of length, nearly contains 1/3 of an acre.

2020 Ford Ranger, 2012 Eagle

http://www.occidentalist.org

#8 slash2

slash2

• Members
  • 123 posts
  • LocationSF Bay Area

Posted 24 July 2020 - 05:50 PM

Your trip reports are great, and have occasionally turned into my trip planning, plus I always get hours of fun trying to tease out your route on Google maps.

This trip is no exception, I've found the stone corral and what I believe is the spot where the Old Stone Bridge crossed the Narrows, but what I really want to know now is what that building up on the ridge to the South East of the Stone Bridge is? It looks like some kind of green house out in the middle of nowhere, and there are two Identical white pickups headed toward it.

Secret Government installation? Off grid bug out hide away? Out of the way weed grow facility? I'll probably never know but now I want to go and find out!

#9 ski3pin

ski3pin

Belay On

• Site Team
  • 15,316 posts

Posted 24 July 2020 - 07:06 PM

slash2, good eye! That's the glass house. Here's one online post that gives some information on it -

Glass House

Read the first comment below the post.

Thanks for the nice comment also! :)

#10 Smokecreek1

Smokecreek1

Smokecreek1

• Members
  • 2,762 posts
  • LocationNE Calif/NW Nev

Posted 24 July 2020 - 09:38 PM

Power is back on----and just in time to read this latest  adventure.  Sure wish I was our there with you guys instead of sitting in this smelly smoky place, but guarding the homestead comes first. Those types of walls seem to be a hall mark of the Northern Basin, some books say the Chinese or Basque built them, but ask any Indian and they say they did; it was depending on location, probably all of the before mentioned. Sure looks like some fine country to adventure in with lot's of neat things to do and see and if the access was better me thinks the area would be in allot worse shape! Did some work years ago up on some of those northern high land-nice and pristine stuff.More places to WTW in-sure hope those new bionic body parts are ready soon :P!  Again thanks for taking us along!

Smoke

Edited by Smokecreek1, 24 July 2020 - 10:44 PM.

Smokecreek1:99F1504x4with05Granby

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users