Financing without a Title

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 eyemgh

eyemgh

• Members
  • 312 posts

Posted 03 August 2020 - 02:59 AM

I'm buying a camper from a seller in a state (MO) that requires neither title or registration of slide in campers. I will have the Statement of Origin and a Bill of Sale, but I would like to finance it for cash flow reasons. I'm also bringing it to a state (OR) that does require title and registration. I'll call the bank tomorrow, but I'm trying the get a jump on what to expect. I'm not certain how the logistics will play out. For instance, what will the bank demand to hold to show proof of lien until I can get it back home and get it titled and registered here. It seems like a potential Catch-22 that they might not be able to originate a loan without a title to sign over to them, but I won't have a title to sign over until I possess it. Has anyone been through this? Thanks!

Edited by eyemgh, 03 August 2020 - 03:00 AM.

#2 DanoT

DanoT

• Members
  • 278 posts
  • LocationSun Peaks, B.C.

Posted 03 August 2020 - 06:27 PM

I think what you want to do is first talk to an insurance agent who is willing to start insurance coverage at the time of purchase which will be prior to getting the camper home and insurance policy actually issued with registration and serial # in place.

How keen are banks in granting loans for campers? Might the bank want a lien that also covers other assets as well? Just be prepared is all i am saying.

1991 Dodge CTD, owned since new. 2011 Coyote RV Phoenix pop-up camper, custom made for the Canadian winter.

#3 eyemgh

eyemgh

• Members
  • 312 posts

Posted 03 August 2020 - 09:09 PM

Got it figured out. They (USAA) took the FWC MCO and Bill of Sale in lieu of a title until I can get one in OR. Thanks!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users