Three issues to solve...

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#21 windy

windy

• Members
  • 460 posts

Posted 07 August 2020 - 01:18 AM

The Aussie sites talk about putting something in the upper tank too (Thetford Aqua Rinse Pink), but I can't find anything.

I don't like the perfume smell either, but I really dislike poop smell. Things like orange are OK.

What specific brands do you prefer?

Don’t have a specific brand. Usually just buy whatever is available that does not have an overpowering odor.

#22 eyemgh

eyemgh

• Members
  • 312 posts

Posted 07 August 2020 - 01:25 AM

Don’t have a specific brand. Usually just buy whatever is available that does not have an overpowering odor.

Thanks!!!

#23 ckent323

ckent323

• Members
  • 1,227 posts
  • LocationSolvang, CA

Posted 24 August 2020 - 08:49 PM

We only use our porta pottie for urinating (usually only at night).  ​It is there for emergency use of course.

We have no trouble with odors, We do put a small amount of the Aquachem (or whatever) in the top holding tank as well as the recommended amount in the lower black water tank.

I carry a separate folding toilet seat designed for waste bags that is supported by a detachable base I made so it can straddle a pit.  We use it when restroom/pit toilet is not available where we are camped.

https://www.big5spor...BCABEgJTXPD_BwE

It is not the most robust assembly but it has worked satisfactorily (since I made the removable base to keep the feet from sinking in the ground ) for many years.

If I were buying one again I would consider the following:

https://www.amazon.c...2xpY2s9dHJ1ZQ==

We have no trouble with odors, We do put a small amount of the Aquachem (or whatever) in the top holding tank as well as the recommended amount in the lower black water tank.

1993 Dodge Cummins W-250 Club Cab long bed, 2007 FWC Keystone

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users