19 replies to this topic

#1 ski3pin

ski3pin

Belay On

• Site Team
  • 15,321 posts
  • LocationSierra Nevada Range

Posted 06 August 2020 - 03:39 AM

We recently wandered over to the nearby east side of the Sierra Nevada for four nights and a couple of hikes. The adventure included social distance camping for a couple of nights with our friends the Teds. I have the story and photos posted to our blog and you can find it here -

Carson Iceberg & Hoover Wilderness Areas - July 2020

We hope you enjoy this quick trip - pretty much away from the crazy crowds haunting our area.

2003 Ford Ranger FX4 Level II 2013 ATC Bobcat SE "And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years."- Abraham Lincoln  http://ski3pin.blogspot.com/

#2 Lighthawk

Lighthawk

Weekend warrior

• Members
  • 3,319 posts
  • LocationNevada City, CA

Posted 06 August 2020 - 04:32 AM

"I watched the little bastards swimming around" :ph34r:  :ph34r:  :ph34r:

The older we get, a bit of salt and pepper comes out when appropriate.  :P

Seriously, glad to see you, and have you see too, along with the Lady and the Teds out and about.

All is well with a bit of our world.

2021 RAM 3500 Crew 4x4, 6.4 hemi/8 speed trans with 4.10 gears, Timber Grove bags, Falken Wildpeak 35" tires.

OEV Aluma 6.75 flatbed, Bundutec Odyssey camper on order for 2024

For this year we're still using our 2008 FWC Hawk with victron DC-DC charger, 130w solar, MPPT controler

with 2000w inverter and external 120v output and 12v solar input with 100w portable solar.   http://lighthawkphoto.com

#3 Wandering Sagebrush

Wandering Sagebrush

Free Range Human

• Site Team
  • 10,576 posts
  • LocationNortheast Oregon

Posted 06 August 2020 - 05:14 AM

Seriously, glad to see you, and have you see too, along with the Lady and the Teds out and about.

Yup, a little salt and pepper.  A cast iron skillet, bacon grease, brookies rolled in corn meal, and the next thing you know there’s fewer numbers of the little varmints swimming around.  

Tasty little varmints...  Mr. 3Pin should consider the “fillet and release” method of dealing with invasive fish species.

Thanks for letting us tag along!

I am haunted by waters

#4 Taku

Taku

Buffalo Rockface

• Members
  • 757 posts

Posted 06 August 2020 - 12:01 PM

great story on the paiute trout. thanks for stepping up for them in meetings. another fine trip report, thanks.

2005 Tundra  2013 Ocelot    "Ridiculously comfortable"

2021 Tundra 2022 Cougar Shell Built Out  "Even more ridiculously comfortable"

#5 Casa Escarlata Robles Too

Casa Escarlata Robles Too

C'est la vie

• Site Team
  • 9,287 posts
  • Locationmonterey bay area

Posted 06 August 2020 - 06:21 PM

Thanks Ski great to see that area.Over the many years we spent at our cabin in Dorrigton,

we would spend a lot of time in that area you visited.

We always return to the East side Carson river area.

Since we have had the camper we get up there about once a year.

Beautiful places and actually I always find it less crowded.

Nice to hear the Teds spent time with you.Great to see Ted out and about.

Frank

2002 Tundra AC TRD 4WD Limited 2009 ATC Bobcat loaded http://sharychic.blogspot.com/

#6 ski3pin

ski3pin

Belay On

• Site Team
  • 15,321 posts

Posted 06 August 2020 - 10:53 PM

Thanks Lighthawk! As always, we do our best to quietly move through an area and be as safe as possible. We're glad all is well with up north :) during these difficult times. Be safe and well!

2003 Ford Ranger FX4 Level II 2013 ATC Bobcat SE "And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years."- Abraham Lincoln  http://ski3pin.blogspot.com/

#7 ski3pin

ski3pin

Belay On

• Site Team
  • 15,321 posts

Posted 06 August 2020 - 10:55 PM

Yup, a little salt and pepper.  A cast iron skillet, bacon grease, brookies rolled in corn meal, and the next thing you know there’s fewer numbers of the little varmints swimming around.  

Tasty little varmints...  Mr. 3Pin should consider the “fillet and release” method of dealing with invasive fish species.

Oh my goodness, you sound like a meat eater! :)

#8 ski3pin

ski3pin

Belay On

• Site Team
  • 15,321 posts

Posted 06 August 2020 - 10:56 PM

great story on the paiute trout. thanks for stepping up for them in meetings. another fine trip report, thanks.

Thank you Taku, I appreciate that very much! :)

#9 ski3pin

ski3pin

Belay On

• Site Team
  • 15,321 posts

Posted 06 August 2020 - 10:57 PM

Thanks Ski great to see that area.Over the many years we spent at our cabin in Dorrigton,

we would spend a lot of time in that area you visited.

We always return to the East side Carson river area.

Since we have had the camper we get up there about once a year.

Beautiful places and actually I always find it less crowded.

Nice to hear the Teds spent time with you.Great to see Ted out and about.

Frank

Thanks Frank, you are always so kind! Yes, it was very nice to be able to spend some time with the Teds. :)

#10 CoreyTrevor

CoreyTrevor

• Members
  • 120 posts
  • LocationEastern Sierra

Posted 06 August 2020 - 11:37 PM

But the poor little tasty varmint bastards don't know they're doing anything wrong!   :D

Thanks for the great report. That looks like a great area, I hadn't heard of it before.

Another one for my list!

2012 Eagle Shell on 2006 Dodge Quadcab CTD 4wd 6-speed

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users