• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Simps

Simps

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 09 August 2020 - 04:40 PM

Does anyone have any tips on reinstalling my old pop-up material? I rebuilt my whole camper from the frame up and I’m finally to the stage of reinstalling my cleaned up pop up material. It was in really good shape and had new windows sewn into it so I wanted to reuse it. It seems like it’s too small now I start attaching it from the back working my way up the side around to the curved front corner and I can’t get it to go back on it’s like it shrunk? I noticed it was stapled on originally and I pulled all the thousands of staples and cleaned everything up. Does anyone have any tips on the process should I start at the back corner?Adjustments.JPG

Edited by Simps, 09 August 2020 - 07:47 PM.

#2 veryactivelife

veryactivelife

• Members
  • 188 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 10 August 2020 - 02:41 PM

I believe that over the years different types of fabric have been used by FWC. Is this a rubberized type material or more like a canvas? If it's not a rubber type and you washed it while off the camper then perhaps it did shrink. If this is the case then perhaps try getting it damp and see if it will give a little although this seems like a pretty big gap in the photo. 

A couple more thoughts, how are the other 3 corners winning up? Perhaps the camper framing at the top is not an exact rectangle. Try turning it around and see if it fits any better.

Good luck!

Dean

Dean and Mary
2015 RAM 2500 Cummins with 2015 Four Wheel Campers Hawk flatbed

VeryActiveLife on Facebook, instagram & YouTube

#3 Simps

Simps

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 11 August 2020 - 07:16 PM

[quote name="veryactivelife" post="237840" timestamp="1597070498"]I believe that over the years different types of fabric have been used by FWC. Is this a rubberized type material or more like a canvas? If it's not a rubber type and you washed it while off the camper then perhaps it did shrink. If this is the case then perhaps try getting it damp and see if it will give a little although this seems like a pretty big gap in the photo.

A couple more thoughts, how are the other 3 corners winning up? Perhaps the camper framing at the top is not an exact rectangle. Try turning it around and see if it fits any better.

Good luck!

Dean

#4 veryactivelife

veryactivelife

• Members
  • 188 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 11 August 2020 - 07:38 PM

?

Dean and Mary
2015 RAM 2500 Cummins with 2015 Four Wheel Campers Hawk flatbed

VeryActiveLife on Facebook, instagram & YouTube

#5 BBZ

BBZ

• Members
  • 666 posts
  • LocationGolden, CO

Posted 11 August 2020 - 10:05 PM

Man.. I have rebuilt a couple campers and I highly doubt you could re-use the old canvas. You have to cut it long so that you have some way to pull it down tight to install the bottom trim piece. Then, you trim the excess off...  The material for new canvas isn't too expensive, however, sewing in the screens, windows etc is a pain...

2023 F-150 Scab HDPP + 2013 Grandby Shell +

https://www.wanderth...ect-90s-granby/

#6 ski3pin

ski3pin

Belay On

• Site Team
  • 15,321 posts
  • LocationSierra Nevada Range

Posted 11 August 2020 - 10:36 PM

Have you seen Tim's videos on the sideliner project? You may find some tips.

2003 Ford Ranger FX4 Level II 2013 ATC Bobcat SE "And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years."- Abraham Lincoln  http://ski3pin.blogspot.com/

#7 Simps

Simps

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 12 August 2020 - 04:51 AM

?

sorry not sure what happened there
Thanks for the help

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users