Photo
- - - - -

Ocelot passenger side window - why have it?

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#11 ski3pin

ski3pin

Belay On

• Site Team
  • 15,255 posts
  • LocationSierra Nevada Range

Posted 13 August 2020 - 03:42 PM

<snip> Keep a sharp knife handy if you're worried about getting out. 

We've always figured that would be quickest. Answer to original question is bringing in light.

2003 Ford Ranger FX4 Level II 2013 ATC Bobcat SE "And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years."- Abraham Lincoln  http://ski3pin.blogspot.com/

#12 Mighty Dodge Ram

Mighty Dodge Ram

• Members
  • 1,003 posts
  • LocationClose to the edge...

Posted 13 August 2020 - 03:49 PM

I don’t yet own a camper per se, but do camp out of my 8’ hi-rise shell. The factory design has sliding windows forward and large “opera” windows aft. When I ordered the shell I requested a delete on the opera windows and maintained the sliding windows. Although I am adept at using my mirrors, I find the windows to be useful for additional viewing/clearance when backing the truck, especially in parking lots. Additionally, the cross ventilation is excellent and welcome in warm climes. If I were to order a custom camper (ATC) I’d request a forward window, both sides, smaller in size than what they normally come with; think the window in the FWC Project M, about 20x20 in size. Just guessing on the dimensions, but you get the idea.

Richard
1996 Dodge Ram 1500 4x4, lightly lifted, ARB bumper/Warn winch, BFG AT/KO2, Snugtop shell. SOLD! But not forgotten!
2002 Chevy 2500HD XC LB 6.0L 4X4, Leer Hi-Rise shell, completely stock...for now!

#13 JaSAn

JaSAn

Grumpy Old Man

• Members
  • 1,098 posts
  • LocationMinnesota

Posted 13 August 2020 - 04:12 PM

I always figure if I can't make it out the door I'm not too likely to get out the window either. Keep a sharp knife handy if you're worried about getting out. 

Always have a plan B.  There are a number of scenarios where the door can be unusable.

I keep a utility knife in the cabover.

Sköldpaddan, a 1977 FWC Grandby
Renovating Skoldpaddan
2012 Ram 2500 4X4
1951 Dodge Power Wagon

#14 Alvis

Alvis

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 40 posts
  • LocationPlano, TX

Posted 14 August 2020 - 03:28 AM

I have a small folding camp chair I sometimes put in the aisle to eat breakfast that put's me low enough to look out the window, but otherwise is just a light source and a peer window for the dog.

2015 F150 Supercab 6.5 foot bed 2.7

2016 ATC Ocelot side dinette

http://alvisontheroad.blogspot.com/

#15 MTramble

MTramble

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 04 December 2020 - 12:00 AM

We like the passenger side window.  It lets a lot of light in and we can see out of it when relaxing on the roll over bench couch.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users