5 replies to this topic

#1 smlobx

smlobx

Lost again

• Members
  • 1,529 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina

Posted 12 August 2020 - 06:19 PM

So after 10 weeks on the road we finally came home and being the half of the marriage unit that is retired I “volunteered” to clean out the camper and clean everything and I mean everything...

So today’s task is to clean the fridge. As you can imagine after that long on the road and literally thousands of miles down rutted and washboarded roads a few mishaps occurred in the fridge. We of course did our best to clean up things as soon as we found them but inevitably we were not able to remove everything from the fridge and do a thorough clean.

As you can see there appears to be some yellow substance (mustard?) that I can’t seem to remove so I’m asking the collective hive what is/are your go to cleaning agents to use on the plastic interior of your fridge?

Thanks!

Attached Thumbnails

• BC3FE2AC-6972-47B9-AC56-484047BED20F.jpeg

Eddie
KO4CPL

Travel light. Travel far. Travel safe.

#2 PokyBro

PokyBro

• Members
  • 467 posts
  • LocationLas Vegas, Nevada

Posted 12 August 2020 - 06:33 PM

Krud Kutter is some pretty potent cleaner that might work.

1999 F250 crew cab SRW, 7.3 Powerstroke TD

1981 Grandby shortened to a Hawk

Build thread / https://www.wanderth...by-into-a-hawk/

#3 LolaLi

LolaLi

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • LocationPhoenix

Posted 08 October 2020 - 06:04 AM

If you don't want to use any cleaning agents doing your kitchen stuff (in your case fridge), you can use baking soda. 
In this case one should simply mix it with water and turn it into a kind of paste, put it on a scourer, wash the fridge with it, keep it for some time and then wash it off with water.
My mom used to stick to this method for years. 

#4 Vic

Vic

• Members
  • 350 posts
  • Locationcamping somewhere in the Sierra Nevada range

Posted 09 October 2020 - 03:35 AM

My favorite is Simple Green, for taking care of the less than pleasant trip memories.  

"I took the road less traveled.  Now I don't know where I am"

2014 Dodge Ram 3500 diesel & Hallmark Everest.  (Former Rig - 99 Ram 2500/ 2000 Sunlite Eagle pop-up)

#5 Vic Harder

Vic Harder

Doctor Electric

• Site Team
  • 4,950 posts
  • LocationCalgary, Alberta

Posted 09 October 2020 - 07:44 AM

My favorite is Simple Green, for taking care of the less than pleasant trip memories.  

I'll second that Vic

#6 Advmoto18

Advmoto18

• Members
  • 1,083 posts
  • LocationCoastal Low Country, SC

Posted 09 October 2020 - 01:11 PM

Eddie...mustard stains are very difficult to completely remove from plastic once they have "set".  Rather than using harsh toxic agents in the fridge to return the plastic to a white color, I'd simply accept some discoloration.

To clean and sanitize our fridge, I mix 1/3 cup of unscented bleach to 1 gallon of water, add a healthy squirt of blue Dawn dish detergent, and gently scrub gently with a 3M green pad/yellow sponge combo.  The bleach will sanitize, clean and restore the "white" appearance to the fridge for the most part.  After cleaning, I keep the fridge and camper doors open to allow the fridge interior to air dry.

Like you I try to keep my things fresh looking and in "like new" condition.  But some stains are just too stubborn or require the use of cleaning agents I'm not willing to use, especially in a fridge.

Edited by Advmoto18, 09 October 2020 - 01:13 PM.

South Carolina Low Country.  

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users