21 replies to this topic

#21 AWG_Pics

AWG_Pics

Into the Great Empty

• Members
  • 1,193 posts
  • LocationOregon

Posted 05 September 2020 - 04:29 PM

We've determined that the majority of people are afraid of the outdoors and only feel comfortable bringing the city with them into the woods. And, kids have no character or backbone anymore because they've never slept on the ground.

I came close on one occasion about 5 years ago to getting my daughter and her two sons to go actual tent camping. We were scheduled to meet up east of Prineville at an Ochocho campground, but about ten days beforehand my daughter began sending out 'cold feet vibes'. So to get them to join us for the long weekend I ended up renting a VRBO nice vacation cabin in the same area.

​The kicker was when my wife and I started a fire in the outdoor firepit, thinking that all adolescent boys loved fire, neither of my grandsons would do more than just wander over and peek at the fire, then go back into the cabin.

Young people are different nowadays. 

lived for several years each in Montana, Utah, Idaho, Texas, Washington, Oregon.

2019 Tundra, Hawk.

https://www.flickr.c...hotos/awg_pics/

#22 Casa Escarlata Robles Too

Casa Escarlata Robles Too

C'est la vie

• Site Team
  • 9,283 posts
  • Locationmonterey bay area

Posted 05 September 2020 - 08:51 PM

We have always thought isn't strange,a motor home pulls up but nobody gets out to sit and enjoy nature.
Although I am not a fan of the big homes on wheels I do appreciate those who show up in one and actually
get out and enjoy the area. Not everyone can camp the way most of us do.I guess I just want other camping
groups to get into the experience.
Also I guess most of us on the site have had outdoor experience as young people.

Time to stay at home this weekend.Our Oakland city daughter is here for the weekend so we went to a remote beach
off a road through farm fields well to our surprise people and they didn't look local.Oh well it wasn't but a few visitors
and everyone was enjoying.
The road past our area Hwy 156 is full of cars don't know what they are going to do once they get to Monterey all the
beaches are closed.

The high heat in other areas brings visitors our way,but it's warm here and now smokey.

Gerrrr,time to go read my book and put all this out of mind.
Happy Labor day in what ever you do.
Stay safe.
Frank

PS We have taken out daughters camping from age "0". When they were older they made comments about camping and such at the time,not very negative though.

Now as adults they always talk about the great times we made them have.
It does all come around.

2002 Tundra AC TRD 4WD Limited 2009 ATC Bobcat loaded http://sharychic.blogspot.com/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users