2 replies to this topic

#1 smlobx

smlobx

Lost again

• Members
  • 1,529 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina

Posted 20 August 2020 - 10:56 PM

As you may know we had the opportunity to go to Alaska this summer. As part of our planning we had hoped to stop in several of Canada’s National Parks and so we bought an annual pass...

Well due to Covid we were not allowed to visit these parks so when I got home I wrote a kindly worded request to either refund my fee or perhaps issue a 2021 pass. I figured it was a long shot but worth the effort.

My request went through several channels but today I received a kindly worded response that they would indeed refund our purchase price!

We all know that Canadians are some of the most polite people on the planet but this actually surprised me, coming from a federal agency.

THANK YOU CANADA, MERCI!

Eddie
KO4CPL

Travel light. Travel far. Travel safe.

#2 trikebubble

trikebubble

• Members
  • 273 posts

Posted 20 August 2020 - 11:02 PM

Wow. We usually keep that sort of money, buy a ton of Cheezies and split them amongst ourselves. Hope everything gets squared away one of these years and you are able to make it back up here. My Wife and I are hoping for a time down the road when we can get back to the Oregon Coast.

Edited by trikebubble, 20 August 2020 - 11:02 PM.

#3 WjColdWater

WjColdWater

• Members
  • 401 posts
  • LocationIL

Posted 20 August 2020 - 11:47 PM

I purchased a 2020 non resident year fishing license planing a spring and fall trips to Ontario. I called and inquired about a refund or exchange for a 2021 yearly license. I was put on a list for future contact when they decide what coarse of action to take on this issue. I will keep you guys posted. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users