12 replies to this topic

#11 ckent323

ckent323

• Members
  • 1,227 posts
  • LocationSolvang, CA

Posted 24 August 2020 - 08:37 PM

Outnabout,

We have a Dometic CFX-35 behind the center console of our 1993 Dodge w250 Diesel Clubcab. 

The refrigerator has both a 12v cigarette style plug that easily reaches the cigarette lighter socket in the front of the cab as well as a duplex 12v/USB  socket that I added to the rear cab area.  It also has a 110 v A/C cord so I can plug in shore power as needed.

It is a snug fit but works well for us.  With a little bit of effort I can remove it from the truck when it is empty if desired.

We do not leave it plugged in all the time.  We typically only use the refrigerator in the truck when underway and then move any perishables to the camper once we set up.  We leave water bottles and similar non perishables in it.  

However, we have an ML-ACR and 220 Ah deep cycle house batteries connected via 6 Gauge Marine wire to the 1000 CCA truck starting battery in the event we need the extra refrigerator or freezer capacity when camped.  The 200 W solar system on the camper keeps the batteries charged.  That allows us to run the Dometic in the truck it when parked.

It was installed new in August 2018 and has worked flawlessly since.

Edited by ckent323, 24 August 2020 - 08:38 PM.

1993 Dodge Cummins W-250 Club Cab long bed, 2007 FWC Keystone

#12 Outnabout

Outnabout

• Members
  • 280 posts

Posted 24 August 2020 - 10:17 PM

Outnabout,

We have a Dometic CFX-35 behind the center console of our 1993 Dodge w250 Diesel Clubcab.

The refrigerator has both a 12v cigarette style plug that easily reaches the cigarette lighter socket in the front of the cab as well as a duplex 12v/USB socket that I added to the rear cab area. It also has a 110 v A/C cord so I can plug in shore power as needed.

It is a snug fit but works well for us. With a little bit of effort I can remove it from the truck when it is empty if desired.

We do not leave it plugged in all the time. We typically only use the refrigerator in the truck when underway and then move any perishables to the camper once we set up. We leave water bottles and similar non perishables in it.

However, we have an ML-ACR and 220 Ah deep cycle house batteries connected via 6 Gauge Marine wire to the 1000 CCA truck starting battery in the event we need the extra refrigerator or freezer capacity when camped. The 200 W solar system on the camper keeps the batteries charged. That allows us to run the Dometic in the truck it when parked.

It was installed new in August 2018 and has worked flawlessly since.

Thanks. Sounds like a good setup.

#13 Zoomad

Zoomad

• Members
  • 289 posts
  • LocationColorado

Posted 26 August 2020 - 03:14 AM

I'm running an ARB 52 in my camper.  It runs off an auxiliary battery I have in the engine compartment that powers the camper using a 6 gauge wire.  Using in on a week long trip, moving locations daily with the ARB running solely off of the battery was still above 12v every morning.  Keep in mind I was also running the lights inside the camper and using multiple USB outlets I had installed charging my phone and gopro batteries.  Once down to the target temp the ARB barely pulled half an amp at the most based on my power meter I have in the camper.  

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users