• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#11 Indycheez

Indycheez

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 04 April 2021 - 09:30 PM

I'm glad I stumbled on this thread. I am having problems too with my lift system.
I have an older (86-89)sun lite eagle with the torsion system. I had to make a roof repaire where the mounting bracket twisted itself from the rotten wood it was attached to. Having made the repair and dismantling the lift system and re attaching it, my roof is now pulling too far to the side I repaired. It pulls the canvas too tight and the roof hangs too far to one side.
I have the bent U shaped tube and the other tube that attaches to the torsion bar tube unbolted from one another and unbolted the front of the torsion tube and i can pull it towards the camper cab over area to pull the tube off of the rear bracket and expose the spring bar. Where I am confused as what orientation do I start the down tube(that connects to the torsion tube) I can only get the torsion tube over the spring bar in 2 positions. One is where the down tub is aligned with the roof and the other is pointing down Towards the floor at maybe 45 degrees from the roof. Do I crank downwards from the roof to tension and reconnect the tubes? That seems like that would be way too Much tension. I hope I made things as clear as possible. It's hard to describe. Has anyone made a video of how to tension the system? That would be great if there is one out there.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: heco, lift sytem, rack gear, pop up, crank handle

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users