• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 JoeKan

JoeKan

• Members
  • 151 posts
  • LocationKansas

Posted 23 August 2020 - 11:34 PM

What do you all use for organizing your closets and cabinets? I'm looking for ideas as to what should I use to keeps clothes kept folded in my closets? Do you use baskets? hangers? What about in your cabinets? I'm thinking about using my overhead cabinets as a pantry, but how would I keep the cans and boxes from sliding all over the place while traveling? 

Hoping to get some fresh ideas because my mind is dulled :))

Thanks,

Joe 

1972 NCO Alaskan 10'

#2 JoeKan

JoeKan

• Members
  • 151 posts
  • LocationKansas

Posted 26 August 2020 - 01:41 AM

Has anyone added shelving in your closets? I'm thinking of doing this but I am concerned I'll drill the screw out to the other side

1972 NCO Alaskan 10'

#3 Mighty Dodge Ram

Mighty Dodge Ram

• Members
  • 1,003 posts
  • LocationClose to the edge...

Posted 04 September 2020 - 05:40 PM

I don’t own an Alaskan but I used hanging sweater organizers in our narrow RV closets. Bought them at Bed Bath & Beyond. 

Richard
1996 Dodge Ram 1500 4x4, lightly lifted, ARB bumper/Warn winch, BFG AT/KO2, Snugtop shell. SOLD! But not forgotten!
2002 Chevy 2500HD XC LB 6.0L 4X4, Leer Hi-Rise shell, completely stock...for now!

#4 Green_Rino

Green_Rino

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts
  • LocationLoveland, CO

Posted 23 October 2020 - 09:34 PM

I added a folding shelf over the toilet in the closet. Really adds a lot of space. I also put a slide out under the sink, makes accessing all the plots and pans really easy. Other than that I use a lot of small storage bins for smaller items. For cans you can get small can dispensers from The Container Store.

#5 AWG_Pics

AWG_Pics

Into the Great Empty

• Members
  • 1,194 posts
  • LocationOregon

Posted 24 October 2020 - 01:05 AM

Our system is to put cold weather, less often used clothing in tuff boxes, which stay behind the front seats. We call them our "black holes" because all sorts of things find their way into them. For daily use clothing we use a couple of roll along airline size pieces of luggage, one for each of us. My lovely wife duplicated the laundry bag I had during my army days, although she did not use OD green, but a snappy blue pinstripe.

These get us through 10 days or so, then we hit a laundromat.

This may not be useful information for your Alaskan, but you may find some value in our experience.

Edited by AWG_Pics, 24 October 2020 - 01:10 AM.

lived for several years each in Montana, Utah, Idaho, Texas, Washington, Oregon.

2019 Tundra, Hawk.

https://www.flickr.c...hotos/awg_pics/

#6 searching for nowhere

searching for nowhere

• Members
  • 257 posts
  • LocationWestern Washington

Posted 24 October 2020 - 02:19 AM

I'm not sure of your layout since I don't have an Alaskan.  I have a small trailer.  But I stuff two sofa throw pillows (about 8" diameter and 18" long) into my cabinets that have my can goods, dishes, etc. while I am moving.  That works for me.  

Camping with a small trailer.  Everyday is a good day to go camping.

https://searchingfor.wordpress.com/

#7 JoeKan

JoeKan

• Members
  • 151 posts
  • LocationKansas

Posted 28 October 2020 - 03:01 AM

Thanks everyone, good and useful information!! Everyone stay safe. 

1972 NCO Alaskan 10'

#8 PackRat

PackRat

• Members
  • 680 posts
  • LocationNovato, CA

Posted 22 December 2020 - 07:03 PM

With an 8' CO on my F-250 Lariat (jump seat behind front seats but no doors), the two of us decided on a two-bag system. We each have a bag in the camper and a bag in a bin in the truck. Rotate clothes or other items but be aware of BEARS so no food goes in the truck cab. They KNOW about food being there! The extra space in the cab allows for not only tools and "stuff" but for maybe a small cooler to keep SEALED UP snacks/drinks available to avoid stopping and diving into the camper.

The idea being, keep as much stuff you don't need all the time in the truck cab to free up space in your LIVING AREA (the Alaskan!).

Edited by PackRat, 22 December 2020 - 07:03 PM.

1988 Ford F-250 HD Lariat 4x4 8 Ft. bed

1976 Alaskan 8 Ft. CO camper

#9 Vic Harder

Vic Harder

Doctor Electric

• Site Team
  • 4,948 posts
  • LocationCalgary, Alberta

Posted 22 December 2020 - 10:26 PM

Packrat... that's funny.  We don't have an Alaskan, so maybe that changes things, but... we keep ALL of our food in the cab (and cook outside) so as not to have food smells in the camper.

#10 cc7665

cc7665

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 25 December 2020 - 12:37 AM

I try and keep outside things in the back seat of the truck and inside things in the Alaskan. Food is primarily all in the camper. I have two large bins that hold most stuff in the cab. I rotate things we need based on the trip type. If I plan on staying somewhere I will bring things like a camp table and chairs. If I will be moving a lot I leave stuff like that.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users