• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#11 moveinon

moveinon

• Members
  • 156 posts
  • LocationMilwaukie Oregon

Posted 13 September 2020 - 05:12 PM

I have used Tork Lift Derringers for years now with no problems on a Tacoma Fleet combo.  Once you get them dialed in they are so much easier than turn buckles for those of us who take the camper off and on a few times a year.

#12 Charlie

Charlie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 96 posts
  • LocationSugarloaf, Colorado

Posted 15 September 2020 - 01:11 AM

Thanks @moveinon. What do you use to connect the derringers to the camper (or truck bed) tiedowns?

#13 The Saints

The Saints

• Members
  • 239 posts
  • LocationSanta Cruz, CA

Posted 17 September 2020 - 09:17 PM

I live in a townhouse and they won’t allow storage for my Fleet. So, I had mine bolted down to the bed instead of turnbuckles. I figured if I take it off then out it back on, I could have the bolts sticking out of the camper to line me up and put some kind of rollers on the camper jacks to get it precise. You might consider that as an option.

Scott, Valerie and Dukino 
2002 Tacoma Ext Cab TRD 4 X 4
2020 FourWheel Fleet, loaded

#14 Kerschbaumer

Kerschbaumer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 19 October 2020 - 02:20 PM

I have used Tork Lift Derringers for years now with no problems on a Tacoma Fleet combo.  Once you get them dialed in they are so much easier than turn buckles for those of us who take the camper off and on a few times a year.

I too would love to have more insight on the tacoma/fleet and torklift setup - those turnbuckles are driving me nuts.  there is enough room in there to clamp the handle down?

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Tiedowns

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users