8 replies to this topic

#1 Ray chill821

Ray chill821

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
  • LocationArizona

Posted 27 September 2020 - 03:08 PM

Good morning! Looking for campers like fwc, new or used in the next 2-3 months. Ready to buy now, but every custom manufacturer has 7-10 month waiting periods. Looking for this to be my next home so time is crucial. Anyone know of places with in stock units?

#2 ski3pin

ski3pin

Belay On

• Site Team
  • 15,332 posts
  • LocationSierra Nevada Range

Posted 27 September 2020 - 06:14 PM

Ray chill821, welcome to WTW. Could you help with info with the truck you are hoping to put a camper on? Full size, mid size, 3/4 ton? along with bed length. There many size campers, you can help narrow your search so folks here can help. Good luck with your search.

2003 Ford Ranger FX4 Level II 2013 ATC Bobcat SE "And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years."- Abraham Lincoln  http://ski3pin.blogspot.com/

#3 Ray chill821

Ray chill821

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
  • LocationArizona

Posted 27 September 2020 - 07:45 PM

I haven't traded in my current vehicle yet for a truck so I'm very flexible. Looking at half ton, 5.5-6.5 bed length with extended cab. I would also prefer a flatbed camper to allow more space :) but I'm open!

#4 billharr

billharr

• Members
  • 2,824 posts
  • LocationStockton CA

Posted 27 September 2020 - 08:20 PM

I haven't traded in my current vehicle yet for a truck so I'm very flexible. Looking at half ton, 5.5-6.5 bed length with extended cab. I would also prefer a flatbed camper to allow more space :) but I'm open!

Ray I will be selling my 2005 Tundra AC 4x4 TRD with a 2013 FWC Hawk. Custom inside build. Plan to sell February of 2021.  Tundra has 83,000 miles and just had the timing belt changed. Camper has water, stove, heater, DC Fridge, Porta Potty, side dinette, 350 watts Solar, 2 12v batteries and Thermal pack insulation. 

I have a trip to Texas next week and another in Nov returning in late January if all goes well. So truck will have near 90K when I sell it. Link to  my build here.  https://bill-veronic...com/p/buil.html    I will set my price on what the market is when I list it. You can email me at bikest1100@hotmail.com  I am in Stockton CA.

EDIT: Just notice you are in AZ. I will be traveling across Hwy 10 coming and going from TX. 

IMG_1366.jpg

Edited by billharr, 27 September 2020 - 08:24 PM.

#5 Cottonww

Cottonww

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 80 posts

Posted 27 September 2020 - 09:14 PM

I just checked used Hallmark campers. They are great campers with everything first class including equipment and wood finishing, main bed is very comfortable. What I found works best with an 8' bed:

I have a Milner which works with a 6.56' bed.

2016 Hallmark Everest 8.5 foot Pop-Up Truck Camper Like New

PRICE: $28,000.

Time to hit this road.  This beautiful self contained camper has all you will need.  Custom built by Hallmark with a unique molded Fiberglass one piece leakproof roof.  We took every upgrade option available.  This camper is in excellent new condition.  Due to lifestyle changes, it has only been used three time.

Features:  Queen Memory Foam bed with ample storage under it.  The Big View windows and LED lights throughout makes the interior bright with soothing custom fabric finish and custom curtains and shades.  Camper has insulated side walls with insulting matching Polar window coverings, upgraded Hickory cabinets and flooring.  It includes 2- 100 Watt solar panels with 2 Deep cycle Centennial  AGM  dual batteries.  Hallmark installed a full quick view Solar monitoring system that also monitors water storage, AM/FM CD Stereo with Bluetooth, roof vent with fan, Nova Kool 2 way compressor refrigerator/ freezer, 3 burner cooktop with custom foldout cover, double sink with custom cutting board covers,  cassette toilet with a 4.5 gallon holding tank and privacy door, forced air 16 BTU propane furnace, carbon Monoxide and LP detectors, fire extinguisher,  30 gal Fresh water tank, 14 gal grey water tank, 5 gal black water tank, 6 gal hot water tank, 30 lb LP bottle.  Spacious storage overhead and lower cabinets, hanging closet and addition storage under the bed.  Roof lift and camper jacks are super easy to operate with hand crank or with a power drill.  There is a hot/cold water outdoor shower, 2 oversized external storage boxes, Happijack Super manual system that can be used with hand crank or drill, foldable entrance ladder with hand grip as well as a roof ladder to get to the top with the 72” Yakima track and large Yakima basket.  Camper will come with the truck bed protector, fast tie downs with spring loaded turnbuckles. 

Interested person can contact me either by phone or email. 970-596-7060… davidmccay@gmail.com.

#6 Atl-atl

Atl-atl

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 59 posts

Posted 28 September 2020 - 04:19 PM

If you go on FWCs website they have a list of all their dealers. Many of them have in stock ready to buy units, you just have to visit each website individually to see what they've got in stock.

#7 rangersanger

rangersanger

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 05 October 2020 - 03:45 PM

I'm also getting ready to sell. Have a 2017 XLT FX4 f150 supercab with 6.5 bed and 3.5 ecoboost. Towing mirrors, timbrens. 65k miles. fantastic condition. 

On that I have a '21 Palomino SS1250 with 300w of solar, two awnings, inverter, 2nd battery, torklift derringers, automatic lift jacks (can load and unload the camper by myself in under 20 minutes), glosteps. fantastic fan... 

If you're looking at a popup I'd seriously look at at the palominos. Apparently they used to be pretty flimsy but I've had this thing all over the place, and it's solid. They are all aluminum framed and vacuum sealed now. Single piece fiberglass roof. I've found myself getting stopped by my concerns for the truck before the camper. 

It only weighs ~300lbs more than a similarly optioned fwc and costs 2/3 the price with a queen size bed, automatic everything, a 20lb propane tank, and, critically (imho for full timing) a black tank. 

I'm planning on selling for 47k together or would sell the palomino alone for 16.5k. I'm planning on listing in nov or dec. if you're interested pm and I can send photos etc

IMG 3389

Edited by cssanger, 06 October 2020 - 07:35 PM.

#8 dgknows

dgknows

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 99 posts
  • Locationsan jose bay area

Posted 06 October 2020 - 03:16 PM

I’m interested. In both

#9 MANXMAN

MANXMAN

• Members
  • 142 posts
  • LocationBritish Columbia

Posted 14 October 2020 - 12:37 AM

Looking at half ton, 5.5-6.5 bed length with extended cab. I would also prefer a flatbed camper to allow more space :) but I'm open!

This one is for sale and seems to be what you are looking for. Let me know if you would like any details on it.

i-wDHPMp6-X2.jpg

2014 F150 S/C V8 4X4
2014 ATC Manx Flatbed Pop-Up Camper

2017 F350 S/C V8 4X4

2017 ATC Manx Flatbed Pop-Up Camper

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: #truckcamper #instock, #fwc

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users