#1 Leviticus907

Leviticus907

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 49 posts
  • LocationNorthwest North America

Posted 29 September 2020 - 01:53 AM

Hello everyone! I hope you are enjoying your alaskans! I am hoping someone can do me a favor....

I need to make a box extension so that my front jacks stick out an extra 4 inches so that my tires will not rub on the tripods. I was going to measure the face plates where the jacks attach before I left for work but I completely forgot. No good excuse for my mistake.

I work as a merchant mariner so I'm going to be gone for a long time and was hoping to have my welder make me boxes instead of spending 230$ on boxes from riecos website.

If anybody has a moment to take some measurements for me I would be forever grateful! Length, width, hole diameter and bolt hole distance from edge and apart from each other!

Thank you for the help!
2004 Silverado Ext. Cab 4x4 6.0 2500hd
2016 Alaskan Camper i.e. best decision I've ever made ;)

#2 popRoid

popRoid

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 64 posts
  • LocationSouth Carolina

Posted 29 September 2020 - 03:37 AM

Leviticus:

My 2 cents on the box extensions which I use from Rieco Titan on my dually to clear the wheel wells....I'll get you some measurements but even with box extensions I have to lower the tire pressure to 30-40 lbs so the tires will "MORPH" around the bottom of the tripod jacks....otherwise it would be next to impossible to clear the tires without shifting the camper around.  

2018 10' Alaskan Cabover/2017 Ford  F350 Dually Diesel

#3 Leviticus907

Leviticus907

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 49 posts
  • LocationNorthwest North America

Posted 29 September 2020 - 12:25 PM

I should hopefully be ok because I do not have a dually. I bought the truck used and it has 12.5 inch tires with a ridiculous offset. So hopefully the box is enough. Thank you for the ideas though!
2004 Silverado Ext. Cab 4x4 6.0 2500hd
2016 Alaskan Camper i.e. best decision I've ever made ;)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users