Tire Pressure Alert

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Beach

Beach

• Members
  • 866 posts

Posted 30 October 2020 - 06:57 PM

Winter is coming on, temps running lower, check your tire pressures. Just checked mine and found an average of 4-5 lb. drop since the cold front. Don't forget the spare. Happy camping

#2 Casa Escarlata Robles Too

Casa Escarlata Robles Too

C'est la vie

• Site Team
  • 9,285 posts
  • Locationmonterey bay area

Posted 30 October 2020 - 07:48 PM

Great advice.Especially the spare.

Frank

2002 Tundra AC TRD 4WD Limited 2009 ATC Bobcat loaded http://sharychic.blogspot.com/

#3 JaSAn

JaSAn

Grumpy Old Man

• Members
  • 1,103 posts
  • LocationMinnesota

Posted 30 October 2020 - 08:09 PM

My @$#%&* truck won't let me miss it.

Sköldpaddan, a 1977 FWC Grandby
Renovating Skoldpaddan
2012 Ram 2500 4X4
1951 Dodge Power Wagon

#4 Vic Harder

Vic Harder

Doctor Electric

• Site Team
  • 4,948 posts
  • LocationCalgary, Alberta

Posted 30 October 2020 - 10:39 PM

Winter is coming on, temps running lower, check your tire pressures. Just checked mine and found an average of 4-5 lb. drop since the cold front. Don't forget the spare. Happy camping

Are you suggesting that with lower temps you want to inflate your tires back up to what they were when temps were warmer?  Hmmm.  I always thought that "recommended" temps were at 70* F = Cold.  If the temps drop, then the pressure is supposed to go down so when the tires are back up to 70* they are at the correct pressure.

#5 Beach

Beach

• Members
  • 866 posts

Posted 31 October 2020 - 02:20 AM

Vic, I'm suggesting that anyone heading out during a cold spell or once colder temps are in place for the season, check and adjust pressure. When weather warms, yes you will need to adjust as needed.

#6 Vic Harder

Vic Harder

Doctor Electric

• Site Team
  • 4,948 posts
  • LocationCalgary, Alberta

Posted 31 October 2020 - 06:02 AM

Vic, I'm suggesting that anyone heading out during a cold spell or once colder temps are in place for the season, check and adjust pressure. When weather warms, yes you will need to adjust as needed.

Good advice... checking tire pressure, oil, washer fluid, etc.  And don't forget to top the headlight Blitzenfluid!  :D

#7 Kolockum

Kolockum

Still Wandering

• Members
  • 622 posts
  • LocationWashington

Posted 31 October 2020 - 06:12 AM

My @$#%&* truck won't let me miss it.

Same here. But this year I will do it before my truck sings me a one note song. Although it is about time I pull my spare off and do a visual check. 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2017 Toyota Tacoma with 2000 FWC Eagle

"The nut behind the wheel is the most important one. Don't forget to snug yourself up every once in a while." John D & ri-f

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users