23 replies to this topic

#21 craig333

craig333

Riley's Human

• Members
  • 8,014 posts
  • LocationSacramento

Posted 23 November 2020 - 05:41 PM

I bump start my Jeep with regularity. It has two batteries. The truck has four batteries. I don't carry a jump pack. Besides, the jump pack I do have for my car (sold) specifically says it wont' handle a diesel.

Craig K6JGV_________________________ 2004 2500 CTD 4X4 FWC HAWK 1960 CJ5

#22 smlobx

smlobx

Lost again

• Members
  • 1,529 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina

Posted 19 December 2020 - 01:47 PM

Many of these jump packs can start diesels. You just have to get one large enough to handle it.

This year as part of my Christmas presents to my family members they will each be getting their own jumper packs. One of my son’s has a diesel and thus is the one we got him..

https://www.amazon.c...,aps,179&sr=8-4

Eddie
KO4CPL

Travel light. Travel far. Travel safe.

#23 ntsqd

ntsqd

Custom User Title

• Members
  • 2,881 posts
  • LocationNorth So.CA

Posted 20 December 2020 - 04:48 PM

Somewhere in this thread I think that I related how ~45 mins with another vehicle at high idle jumered to our CTD wasn't enough to get it to turn over, but the AntiGravity XP-10 started it on the third revolution. that was two DieHard Premiums that couldn't get the job done, but something that fits in my back pocket did.

Thom

Where does that road go?

#24 Kolockum

Kolockum

Still Wandering

• Members
  • 622 posts
  • LocationWashington

Posted 20 December 2020 - 06:44 PM

When using jump packs on two battery setups (that are really dead) I normally bypass one of the batteries. I find it takes less time and tries to jump it this way. We jump heavy equipment all the time with using a medium size jump pack and have jumped 5 machines off of a single charge.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2017 Toyota Tacoma with 2000 FWC Eagle

"The nut behind the wheel is the most important one. Don't forget to snug yourself up every once in a while." John D & ri-f

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users