Photo

Six Pac Shortbed Camper, Reno, Nv

#sixpac #shortbedcamper #cabovercamper truckcamper vanlife 4wheelcamper camperremodel hardsidecamper smallcamper fulltime

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Xplnv

Xplnv

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 12 November 2020 - 07:26 PM

Hey everyone. I’m selling my 1989 Six Pac camper (just the camper, not the truck). It’s been a great rig for us, but school time constraint force me to sell and I want someone else to enjoy the adventure. We opted for the truck camper setup for ease of use and 4 wheel drive, that was hard to find when searching for vans.

It’s a 1989 M-78 (7’, but is currently in my GMC 2500 6.5 truck bed) and is rated at 1,100 dry, 1,390lbs wet before it was gutted. It has been redone inside and out. The outside has been cleaned up and repainted (there’s some minor dents, but nothing major), all windows have been resealed. The inside has been gutted and redone. The original appliances have been replaced, except for the original heater that still works. New horizontal propane tank and regulators. Old fridge has been replaced with a new 40qt 12v Engel fridge. There is no bathroom/shower as we opted for open space and simplicity, however there may be room for a composting toilet underneath the L shaped portion of the couch. We added a few interior storage compartments. Inside has been converted to all LED lights. We’ve added a maxxair fan as well. Overall the interior is very spacious. There is also a full size new 8" memory foam queen bed inside, and the couch converts to a 36x66" bed.

There seems to be a lot of out of state buzz for the camper so in the name of transparency here are some cons. It’s in good shape, however one of the jack brackets in the front passenger side corners is slightly bent but nothing major. One of the jacks has an oil leak as well, so it may need a new gasket, but we generally kept it on the rig, so it was never really on jacks and we didn’t feel a repair was necessary. The heaters lighting element will not light when the battery levels is low (safety feature), it may benefit from a second battery or solar if planning on extended use without driving. The battery is charged by the truck, with a switch to stop power draw from truck batteries when parked. It is also wired for 110v (hookup or generator). I still have all original owners manuals for the camper and appliances. The only unfinished piece is the cushions, we added a seat to accommodate more people and haven’t made a cushion for it yet. Sorry for the limited pictures but I am planning on taking walk through video to accommodate people from out of state. Our highest current offer is $8,000, and we’ve got more people lined up to look at it in the upcoming weekend.

See craigslist add below for pics, and text from number on craigslist add for walkthrough vid

reno.craigslist.org/for/d/reno-six-pac-shortbed-truck-camper/7229818957.html

#2 Xplnv

Xplnv

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 13 November 2020 - 08:09 PM

Updated pictures in craigslist ad, files are too large to upload to forum!

Price is or best offer. 

Thanks for your time

#3 dgknows

dgknows

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 99 posts
  • Locationsan jose bay area

Posted 17 November 2020 - 06:11 PM

Craigslist ad was flagged

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: #sixpac, #shortbedcamper, #cabovercamper, truckcamper, vanlife, 4wheelcamper, camperremodel, hardsidecamper, smallcamper, fulltime

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users