• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#11 JHanson

JHanson

• Members
  • 488 posts
  • LocationTucson and Fairbanks

Posted 19 November 2020 - 07:47 PM

Agreed . . . if you're not getting a blast of air out you're not operating it properly. It takes a few tries to get the hang of it.

#12 eyemgh

eyemgh

• Members
  • 312 posts

Posted 19 November 2020 - 09:33 PM

I got it figured out. I assumed that when the plunger shot out the core was completely out. NOOOOO! I had to push it back in and keep unscrewing until I was certain it disengaged. Then...WOOSH! I dropped 15 psi in 22 seconds! Thanks!

#13 Mighty Dodge Ram

Mighty Dodge Ram

• Members
  • 1,003 posts
  • LocationClose to the edge...

Posted 20 November 2020 - 03:12 PM

Does the ARB have an upper limit of 60 psi? My “off brand” does, hasn’t been an issue yet even though I run over that pressure in the rears occasionally. 

Richard
1996 Dodge Ram 1500 4x4, lightly lifted, ARB bumper/Warn winch, BFG AT/KO2, Snugtop shell. SOLD! But not forgotten!
2002 Chevy 2500HD XC LB 6.0L 4X4, Leer Hi-Rise shell, completely stock...for now!

#14 eyemgh

eyemgh

• Members
  • 312 posts

Posted 20 November 2020 - 04:49 PM

Does the ARB have an upper limit of 60 psi? My “off brand” does, hasn’t been an issue yet even though I run over that pressure in the rears occasionally. 

Yes, 60 psi max. 

#15 Mighty Dodge Ram

Mighty Dodge Ram

• Members
  • 1,003 posts
  • LocationClose to the edge...

Posted 23 November 2020 - 04:27 PM

Thanks. 

Richard
1996 Dodge Ram 1500 4x4, lightly lifted, ARB bumper/Warn winch, BFG AT/KO2, Snugtop shell. SOLD! But not forgotten!
2002 Chevy 2500HD XC LB 6.0L 4X4, Leer Hi-Rise shell, completely stock...for now!

#16 superduty

superduty

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 27 June 2021 - 03:37 AM

ARB and the copies are very quick to deflate if you do it correctly.  I used to just simply pull the valve stem cores, which works well, but you have to be careful.  The ARB is nice bc you can check where your pressure is at easily and once I got one of those I used it for many years.  I recently bought Coyote deflators which are a copy of the Stauns.   The Coyote have hex locking ring on them so you can use a wrench to lock them down at the pressure you want.  The drawback of this style is that you have to pick the pressure you want ahead of time and then set them.  I bought a set of 4.  I have 2 set at 17 psi and 2 set at 22 psi.  Depending on what pressure I want is the 2 I use.  Compared to the ARB type I find these much more convenient and easier to use.  My 2 cents.

#17 dennis 221

dennis 221

• Members
  • 386 posts

Posted 27 June 2021 - 11:50 AM

ya mine you preset an just screw them on an walk away! set at 30 psi .very easy to adjust up or down! like your idea of setting two at different psi !!! i just get nervous going to low!! so with tundra an hawk an e10 tires how low is safe off roaring ??

#18 12valve

12valve

• Members
  • 130 posts
  • LocationVentura, California

Posted 23 August 2021 - 10:17 PM

I always ask the other person for their extraction gear or any other tools necessary for the job we need to do. I do not want to be digging around for mine and have to wrap it up and put it back. If, for any reason I do not like their gear, then I will dig out mine. 

2005 Reg Cab Dodge Diesel 4x4 6sp, far, far from stock. Gutted 4 wheel camper pop up, now a shell that rests on the bed rails. Rebuilt the interior, much simpler, far more user friendly.   Much better. 

#19 Happyjax

Happyjax

• Members
  • 1,444 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 23 August 2021 - 11:55 PM

I have them but have not tried them out yet. I did hear that if you have tire pressure gauges in your wheels these could damage them. Has anyone heard that or have a problem with that. The F250 is the 1st vehicle I've had that has those gauges in the tire....

Thanks!

2018 Ford F-250. Customized Bundutec Sable :)

#20 ntsqd

ntsqd

Custom User Title

• Members
  • 2,881 posts
  • LocationNorth So.CA

Posted 24 August 2021 - 01:48 PM

20+ years ago I made my own Staun type using a fixed pressure pop-off valve from McMaster-Carr and a clip-on air chuck. The pop-off valve is rated for 20 psi and it consistently stops at 19 psi. That worked well for the X-cab yota, but it's way too low for the CTD. I rarely drop the CTD below 40 psi.

I made a set of them for the 4rnnr that I've never used. They'll be included in it's sale as I doubt that I ever will use them. Didn't even bother with anything like this for the FSB.

Thom

Where does that road go?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users