CFX3 55IM

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#11 Outnabout

Outnabout

• Members
  • 280 posts

Posted 23 November 2020 - 04:15 AM

Checking back in... Looking at rated amperage is not correct for actual power draw. That is way too high for a compressor fridge.

Found this table below, which would make much more sense.... Still not very clear on what wattage it pulls when running. I would assume ~50W, or 4amp @ 12.5V.... below table would be if it runs at 1/4 hr on the hour (~1 ah/h).
dometic-cfx3-fridge-freezer-technical-de

Sounds reasonable. Seems to be in the ballpark with other similar fridges.

#12 Vic Harder

Vic Harder

Doctor Electric

• Site Team
  • 4,948 posts
  • LocationCalgary, Alberta

Posted 24 November 2020 - 03:16 AM

I have a 130L Truckfridge that also runs of an Indel-B compressor.  The above data says 1.81AH/hr.  On a given 70*F day, 10 hrs of running would be lots.  That's 18AH.  Which is about what ours uses, and that's with two additional fans (one inside the fridge, the other on the compressor coils).

#13 Outnabout

Outnabout

• Members
  • 280 posts

Posted 24 November 2020 - 05:08 AM

I have a 130L Truckfridge that also runs of an Indel-B compressor. The above data says 1.81AH/hr. On a given 70*F day, 10 hrs of running would be lots. That's 18AH. Which is about what ours uses, and that's with two additional fans (one inside the fridge, the other on the compressor coils).

Thanks for the info. I think the take away here is to remember the fridge is not running 24/7. It seems that18ah a day should not, on a sunny day, be to hard to overcome.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users