4 replies to this topic

#1 Wandering Sagebrush

Wandering Sagebrush

Free Range Human

• Site Team
  • 10,532 posts
  • LocationNortheast Oregon

Posted 07 December 2020 - 04:18 PM

A small article about camping in SUVs.  Maybe a few diamonds mixed in with the bricks.

I am haunted by waters

#2 CraggyMan

CraggyMan

• Members
  • 333 posts
  • LocationBend OR

Posted 07 December 2020 - 06:10 PM

I have a photo friend here in central Oregon that lives full time in a Nissan Exterra. She makes it work and seems to be really happy with the choice. Helps to be young.

2016 Four Wheel - Fleet, 2009 Toyota Tacoma TRD - https://www.flickr.c...sertdustimages/

#3 Kolockum

Kolockum

Still Wandering

• Members
  • 622 posts
  • LocationWashington

Posted 07 December 2020 - 06:37 PM

I have a buddy that lives full time out of a CRV. He prefers to sleep in his car even when he has access to bunkhouses or other work provided housing.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2017 Toyota Tacoma with 2000 FWC Eagle

"The nut behind the wheel is the most important one. Don't forget to snug yourself up every once in a while." John D & ri-f

#4 AWG_Pics

AWG_Pics

Into the Great Empty

• Members
  • 1,190 posts
  • LocationOregon

Posted 08 December 2020 - 03:25 AM

I have a buddy that lives full time out of a CRV. He prefers to sleep in his car even when he has access to bunkhouses or other work provided housing.

We have a 2018 CRV. Your buddy is a man of few needs it appears!

lived for several years each in Montana, Utah, Idaho, Texas, Washington, Oregon.

2019 Tundra, Hawk.

https://www.flickr.c...hotos/awg_pics/

#5 TGK

TGK

• Members
  • 191 posts
  • LocationPortland, Oregon

Posted 08 December 2020 - 03:43 AM

I bought a new 1988 Isuzu Trooper in ‘88 that my wife and I used for camping down the backroads for 10 years till we bought our 1st FWC mounted on an F250 in ‘98.  It was a great, utilitarian rig for our needs at the time. We removed the backseat and I built a platform to fill back that we could sleep on while storing gear underneath.  Had Yakima racks with a Basket Case on the roof.  If we were going to be in one area for several days, we’d set up a large tent as a base camp.  If on the move, we’d sleep in the Trooper.  If in bear country, we always slept inside.  Came close to tipping it over once high up in the Troudt Creek Mtns in SE Oregon.  However, the transition to the FWC was appreciated for the amenities it offered at the time.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users