Photo
- - - - -

How much temperature increase Wave3 heater?

heater wave3

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#11 dr.tucson

dr.tucson

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 80 posts
  • LocationTucson

Posted 12 December 2020 - 03:42 PM

Return West

I had a small radiant heater I bought at Harbor Freight, it didn't even have a name on it.  It worked really well, I used it in my 9x12 kitchen almost 10 years, it finally wore out.  I bought the Wave3 hoping it would be as good.  It did so little I returned it thinking it was defective, a replacement came the next day, and it was damaged, the thermocouple was way out of place.  I almost thought Amazon shipped me one somebody else sent back that they just had hanging around. I readjusted the thermocouple and it worked, but was completely inadequate.  One of their larger ones may be fine, but that Wave3 very wimpy.  Maybe extremely wimpy is a better description.

#12 Occidental

Occidental

• Members
  • 353 posts
  • LocationHome is where you park it

Posted 12 December 2020 - 10:56 PM

My experience is also that we can heat to 20 degrees F above outside temps. Maybe a bit more (5 to 10) with refletix on the pop up area.

2020 Ford Ranger, 2012 Eagle

http://www.occidentalist.org

#13 lostcreek

lostcreek

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 18 December 2020 - 12:15 AM

There are many variables in heating a space, any judgement really needs to specify intended volume, hard or soft camper sides, ambient temps, expectations, personal comfort levels.  I use a Wave3 in a small insulated-fabric popup (5.5 ft truck bed with overcab), and rarely park in less than 20F, almost always in dry Western US locations.  Most of my use is at freezing or 40sF.  The heater is located at center floor level, just right when sitting at the table, and between two venting locations.

It works very well for me, raising the camper temp from, say, 40 to 50 in about 15 minutes on high, and to 60 within the hour.  The heater itself is robust providing it is maintained correctly: protect from dust (keep cover on when not in use), avoid jarring the thermocouple or other parts, ensure tight gas line connections.  The built-in sparker occasionally does not work, but it's very easy to use a match or lighter.

#14 rando

rando

• Members
  • 1,638 posts
  • LocationColorado

Posted 30 December 2020 - 04:51 PM

Is that one of the industrial heaters from McMaster?   

If so, I would be very careful using either of those in a camper, I think they specifically say not for use in an house or RV.  They are also huge heaters designed for a much larger space, even on low they are around 30,000 btu/h.  Also they don't have any sort of oxygen depletion shut off.    If you do decide to use it, make sure your CO detector is working, and I certainly would not run one while sleeping. 

2016 Fleet Flatbed

2016 Toyota Tacoma

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: heater, wave3

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users