#21 Brewery Meister

Brewery Meister

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 90 posts
  • LocationSanta Cruz, Cal

Posted 17 February 2021 - 07:15 AM

First, I would buy an All Terrain every time.

It looks like my post is late to the party... here goes...

I had a FWC Grandby. Great camper. Loaded. I had a full-size GMC Camper Special at the time...

Bought a new 2002 Toyota Tundra Limited TRD... found out that Marty, et al were starting up a new shop so I went to visit. I ended up purchasing their first Panther model and still use it 15 years later. Just took it out last weekend. I got the shell version with some simple mods. The Grandby I had came with everything. I learned I didn't need everything. I cook outside, live outside and needed the camper to sleep in, store stuff, keep warm and day when needed and to keep my Dometic CFX frig. I had them put the roof vent in... wire for solar ... first one ever... couch... front and side... large windows on both sides and a small cabinet with a heater...to go along with the typical long cabinets over the windows.

I had a couple of problems... I run into things off road. They were always great and helpful and the service is excellent. I haven't talked with FWC since Mike Duncan and Ben left but I'm sure they still make good campers. My only complaint with them was that they were just too busy. I like the small family feel.

Anyway... feel free to ask me any questions you have... good luck... it's a great way to camp

Clark

Clark B :thumb:

2002 Tundra 4WD Limited...TRD package... limited slip... slight lift... custom built ATC - first one sold.

https://www.allterra...attie_Page.html

#22 zuber

zuber

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts
  • LocationShedd, OR

Posted 10 April 2021 - 09:37 PM

I had ATC build a custom shell on my 7x8 1/2 flat bed.  I moved every door, window and added a window and three hatches.  It was great that they pre-wired solar, wired up a fan and lights, then ran the wires out exactly where I wanted for future additions. I had them add stop/tail lights up high on the rear too.  They just glanced at my flatbed and said 'we'll just match the light on there'.  They also gave me pictures of all the framing so I could use that to attach cabinets. Cost was very reasonable for the quality.  It has no leaks, rips, rattles or tears in four years of use.

Edited by zuber, 10 April 2021 - 09:38 PM.

2013 RAM, Four Wheel Camper Shell, KTM's

#23 Lunch

Lunch

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 11 August 2021 - 12:35 AM

I would be remiss if I didn't throw in my endorsement for ATC. Bought a Bobcat shell in 2018. ATC products are great and the customer service, as many have already attested, is exceptional. I live 20 minutes from ATC and visited about once a week to "just see how things were going" (it was only a 2-3 month build before the pandemic). Marty had every reason to hide when he saw me but instead always happily greeted me (it helps if you bring donuts).

My requests were so audacious that he basically just turned my Bobcat into a prototype  (e.g., 1" polyiso throughout the walls and around the floorpack). Instead of complaining, Marty seemed excited to experiment (the camper turned out great but the verdict for offering insulation as an option was "never again, way too much work". Sorry, I didn't mean to tease).

I had one issue with the furnace. Don't know if it was the sail switch or Ideal Gas Law (I prefer high altitude and extremely cold environs). It didn't matter b/c after only 10 minutes of attempted diagnosis, ATC pulled the furnace out and and installed a new one.

So, put simply, I would have no reservation going with ATC.  They are a customer-oriented company, above all else. 

P.S. I will do a write up of my build for WTW b/c my camper and  usage are not too common. I've just been busy, maybe lazy, probably a little of both.

#24 Wandering Sagebrush

Wandering Sagebrush

Free Range Human

• Site Team
  • 10,584 posts
  • LocationNortheast Oregon

Posted 11 August 2021 - 01:05 AM

I just spoke to Marty today, and I agree, he is great to work with.   I’m still trying to figure out what to do for a small camper.  He did have some good news, their backlog is down to 13 months.

I am haunted by waters

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users