• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 nixfwc

nixfwc

• Members
  • 174 posts
  • LocationChico, CA

Posted 11 December 2020 - 08:22 AM

My 2014 Alaskan CO has window screens that seem to be riveted into the window frame, making it very hard to clean half of the window. Has anyone found away to get the screens off the windows so you can clean the windows. Some of the windows have gotten pretty gunky and cleaning them would solve a marital problem. Thanks for any help.

#2 cc7665

cc7665

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 14 December 2020 - 11:34 PM

My 2016 is the same way. Not sure how to do it other than maybe spray from the inside to the outside? And then scrub it. My 2020 has screens that slide and I think they can be removed more easily. Seems like a bit better of a design. 

#3 PackRat

PackRat

• Members
  • 680 posts
  • LocationNovato, CA

Posted 22 December 2020 - 06:24 PM

Have you checked the manuals?

Maybe call the factory?

Maybe unscrew a stop that prevents sliding that gunky panel away from the screen for cleaning?

1988 Ford F-250 HD Lariat 4x4 8 Ft. bed

1976 Alaskan 8 Ft. CO camper

#4 nixfwc

nixfwc

• Members
  • 174 posts
  • LocationChico, CA

Posted 31 December 2020 - 01:33 AM

According the guys at the Alaskan factory there is no way to remove the screens from the windows. I was hoping someone would have a new way of getting the screens off. Not a great design. If I figure out how to do it I will post it here.

#5 Kolockum

Kolockum

Still Wandering

• Members
  • 622 posts
  • LocationWashington

Posted 31 December 2020 - 03:04 AM

Have you looked at using double sided or magnetic window washer? It may be a way you can still clean the window.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2017 Toyota Tacoma with 2000 FWC Eagle

"The nut behind the wheel is the most important one. Don't forget to snug yourself up every once in a while." John D & ri-f

#6 nixfwc

nixfwc

• Members
  • 174 posts
  • LocationChico, CA

Posted 04 January 2021 - 01:15 AM

My screens are not removable. Built into the frame. I may cut the screens out then have screens made with frame I can screw to the inside. Then they can be removed when needed. Any thoughts? 2020 design was clearly better.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users