22 replies to this topic

#21 Vic Harder

Vic Harder

Doctor Electric

• Site Team
  • 4,897 posts
  • LocationCalgary, Alberta

Posted 31 December 2020 - 12:29 AM

As to if the 75/15 (not sure Victron ever made a 100/15?) is good for up to 200W of solar panels.  See the handy table on this page https://shop.pkys.co...030_p_3666.html

Vic - I was just at the dealer taking battery compartment measurements and the Overland MPPT in the 2020 Grandby I was looking at is labeled "100/15." 

Doh - https://shop.pkys.co...ler_p_3690.html

#22 wicked1

wicked1

• Members
  • 190 posts

Posted 03 January 2021 - 05:12 PM

I want to mention again, just because both panels are overaland.. The top mounted and the portable, does not mean they are matched!  The top mounted panels are 32v, while the portable is 18v.  I was not happy after they sold me three panels (two top and one portable) to later discover my portable panel, when plugged in, basically gives me nothing.   The amount of solar I add is negated by the mismatch in voltage. 
But as others have said, if your camper is in the shade, and the portable in the sun, it still is a benefit to have. 

Also, I saw someone mentioned thinking about an all in one electric system..  I went w/ the redarc, and for the most part am very happy with it.  As far as the installation and neatness and compactness of it, it's ideal.  I have my battery and my redarc.  That is all.  One wire from the truck battery.  One wire to my camper battery.  One wire to my camper breaker box.  Done.

Features are somewhat lacking, as it's about a 5 year old design.. No bluetooth.  So that's the only negative. 

#23 Vic Harder

Vic Harder

Doctor Electric

• Site Team
  • 4,897 posts
  • LocationCalgary, Alberta

Posted 03 January 2021 - 10:23 PM

You could add another small controller, or use a portable setup that incorporates its own solar controller, to get the max out of the portable.  In my Hawk build I used two Victron 75/15 units, one for the roof-top panel, and another for two flexible 100W panels I used for my portable setup.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users