• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 2fargone

2fargone

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 29 December 2020 - 08:30 PM

We sold our Northern Lite truck camper a while back. It was a really nice unit which we owned for 8 years. Problem was it's just a bit big for getting into the backwoods. So, we 're now in the market for a pop-up truck camper. We looked at a FWC Hawk but it's just too compact, and with minimal storage space. Very nice unit, though. We're thinking that the Hallmark Ute or Everest should be just the ticket. Last we talked to the folks at Hallmark they projected a 5 month wait (maybe more) on a new order so a used one is looking pretty good. Finding one, however, is a challenge, but we're willing to drive from our home in Montana to most anywhere in the west to get the right one. If anyone knows of such an animal we'd sure like to hear about it. Thanks so much for any suggestions.

#2 Cottonww

Cottonww

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 80 posts

Posted 29 December 2020 - 10:33 PM

Good luck with that! A friend of mine ordered a $130K RV rig in October with a targeted delivery in late November. He is now looking at the end of April. I have a 2017 Milner that I bought used last April. It is great! I have it on a Tundra. At that time I found it on the Hallmark site but I doubt there is anything but junk on it now. I started looking at used poptop campers for a friend. Nothing! Just the other day I saw a used Hallmark with toilet/shower for an 8' bed  in the bay area for around $7600. They didn't say what year though. It must be like in the late 90's for that price. What is your pickup? I'd say a 3/4 ton is needed for the larger Hallmarks you are looking at as dry weights get up into the 1700# range or more.

Bill

#3 ardvark

ardvark

• Members
  • 163 posts

Posted 30 December 2020 - 02:10 AM

Ran a Search Tempest

https://phoenix.crai...7252151622.html

Ardvark

#4 ntsqd

ntsqd

Custom User Title

• Members
  • 2,879 posts
  • LocationNorth So.CA

Posted 30 December 2020 - 04:34 PM

To find our first camper I literally ran a SearchTempest search every day. To find our second camper I ran one every other day.

Thom

Where does that road go?

#5 2fargone

2fargone

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 30 December 2020 - 06:07 PM

Good luck with that! A friend of mine ordered a $130K RV rig in October with a targeted delivery in late November. He is now looking at the end of April. I have a 2017 Milner that I bought used last April. It is great! I have it on a Tundra. At that time I found it on the Hallmark site but I doubt there is anything but junk on it now. I started looking at used poptop campers for a friend. Nothing! Just the other day I saw a used Hallmark with toilet/shower for an 8' bed  in the bay area for around $7600. They didn't say what year though. It must be like in the late 90's for that price. What is your pickup? I'd say a 3/4 ton is needed for the larger Hallmarks you are looking at as dry weights get up into the 1700# range or more.

Bill

Yeah, I know the search won't be easy. My truck is a 2015 Chevy Silverado 6.5 ft bed Duramax 3/4 ton, so that ought to do the trick. I already have the Torklift tiedowns and 20K superhitch installed. Might just to have to order a new one but a $50K+ bill for a camper is tough to swallow. I don't have a problem buying used but want to stay around model year 2015 or later. Those Tundra's are nice trucks; our son just bought a used one and he loves it.

Mike

#6 2fargone

2fargone

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 30 December 2020 - 06:10 PM

Ran a Search Tempest

https://phoenix.crai...7252151622.html

Ardvark

Yeah, thanks for the lead. Someone just turned me on to searchtempest and I saw that camper. Since I just started my search I'm going to try to stay to a model year 2015 or later (just make things more challenging).

#7 smlobx

smlobx

Lost again

• Members
  • 1,529 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina

Posted 13 January 2021 - 04:58 PM

Can’t help you with the search but I can tell you that you will like the Everest/Ute.

‘If you have any questions about Hallmark let me know. They have been great to deal with.

Eddie
KO4CPL

Travel light. Travel far. Travel safe.

#8 SpudBob

SpudBob

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 13 January 2021 - 07:56 PM

Hope this helps. Not mine. Not sure if STILL available. GLWSearch!

https://phoenix.crai...7257800208.html

#9 DoGMAtix

DoGMAtix

• Members
  • 176 posts
  • LocationAlbuquerque, NM

Posted 25 January 2021 - 09:42 AM

Seems crazy expensive. Our 2008 Guanella is similar, maybe not quite as pimped with 160 Watts solar and no built-in toilet (we prefer cabinet storage and a portable-potty), but was a lot more affordable at $15500 in good condition. Maybe COVID has turned slide-in campers into gold!

2006 Dodge Ram 2500 5.9L CTD short bed quad cab, 2008 Hallmark Guanella

#10 Vic

Vic

• Members
  • 350 posts
  • Locationcamping somewhere in the Sierra Nevada range

Posted 26 January 2021 - 04:35 AM

Fully agreeing w/ Eddie, you'll love the Everest/Ute. We have a hybrid of the two and its perfect for my solo fishing adventures as well as a trip with the wife and daughter on the back roads of Death Valley a few months ago.  Very versatile.  Let me know if you have any particular questions about this model.  

From the pics that one looks very clean and similar to my 2015.  You can always make him an offer...

As long as a used unit has the composite roof I'd say you are good.  Not that there is anything inherently wrong with the rubber roof, just more maintenance or a spendy upgrade at Hallmark.  

Good Luck with your hunt.  

"I took the road less traveled.  Now I don't know where I am"

2014 Dodge Ram 3500 diesel & Hallmark Everest.  (Former Rig - 99 Ram 2500/ 2000 Sunlite Eagle pop-up)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users