51 replies to this topic

#21 ski3pin

ski3pin

Belay On

• Site Team
  • 15,338 posts
  • LocationSierra Nevada Range

Posted 30 January 2021 - 02:35 AM

Wow Ted, that is one sweet looking rig! Congrats on your purchase. It will give the both of you lots of happy camping! I bet, when you offer your Tundra and Hawk for sale, it will go as fast as Bill's did. I have to scroll back and take a look at that photo again. Wow! :)

2003 Ford Ranger FX4 Level II 2013 ATC Bobcat SE "And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years."- Abraham Lincoln  http://ski3pin.blogspot.com/

#22 billharr

billharr

• Members
  • 2,824 posts
  • LocationStockton CA

Posted 30 January 2021 - 02:55 AM

Ted that is a fine looking rig. Can't wait for the first trip report. 

Maybe we can run into each other looking a the Fall Foliage of the eastern Sierra. 

#23 Spitfire

Spitfire

• Members
  • 130 posts

Posted 30 January 2021 - 03:55 PM

gallery_176_163_75896.jpgInteresting that long time members and FWC owners are moving on Is it an aging thing? Not sure, but like Bill and K60N, we are also moving on. Going the same route as Iowahikers and getting a Provan Bengal Tiger. Should still be able to get everywhere we go now with our camper but will now have a pass through, bathroom, no more lifting the top, and no more soft sides. We did have them leave off the AC, generator, TV, microwave, and stereo, but add lots of solar and lithium batteries. We still plan to boondock a lot.

Are you buying a new one?

2011 Chevy Silverado 2500HD 2013 FWC Hawk

#24 SunMan

SunMan

King Taco

• Members
  • 2,362 posts
  • LocationOxnard, CA.

Posted 30 January 2021 - 04:59 PM

Congrats Ted. If I were ever to switch from a FWC it would be to a Tiger.  Hope it serves you well.

Congrats to you  as well Bill.

Sunman
2003 Four Wheel Camper -Hawk

2023 All Terrain Camper - Panther 
2006 Toyota Tundra Double Cab Limited 4WD
2017 Toyota Tundra Double Cab Limited 4WD

#25 craig333

craig333

Riley's Human

• Members
  • 8,022 posts
  • LocationSacramento

Posted 30 January 2021 - 05:06 PM

You left off the microwave? No glamping for you! :)

Craig K6JGV_________________________ 2004 2500 CTD 4X4 FWC HAWK 1960 CJ5

#26 ski3pin

ski3pin

Belay On

• Site Team
  • 15,338 posts
  • LocationSierra Nevada Range

Posted 30 January 2021 - 05:43 PM

You left off the microwave? No glamping for you! :)

Ted is still Ted, no electronics for him when you have fire.

2003 Ford Ranger FX4 Level II 2013 ATC Bobcat SE "And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years."- Abraham Lincoln  http://ski3pin.blogspot.com/

#27 jeep364

jeep364

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
  • LocationEast coast, USA

Posted 30 January 2021 - 06:30 PM

gallery_176_163_75896.jpgInteresting that long time members and FWC owners are moving on Is it an aging thing? Not sure, but like Bill and K60N, we are also moving on. Going the same route as Iowahikers and getting a Provan Bengal Tiger. Should still be able to get everywhere we go now with our camper but will now have a pass through, bathroom, no more lifting the top, and no more soft sides. We did have them leave off the AC, generator, TV, microwave, and stereo, but add lots of solar and lithium batteries. We still plan to boondock a lot.

Please share your 'build out' limited as it may be when delivered.  Is Tiger offering any insulation options for cold weather camping now that the malayan is no longer offered?

I don't know if you had asked, but was tiger willing to do a composting toilet / black tank delete (seems so if they can do a cassette)?  Will they do a Truma or only spec suburban/atwood furnaces / hot water heater?

Edited by jeep364, 30 January 2021 - 06:50 PM.

#28 Casa Escarlata Robles Too

Casa Escarlata Robles Too

C'est la vie

• Site Team
  • 9,295 posts
  • Locationmonterey bay area

Posted 30 January 2021 - 09:35 PM

Great looking rig Ted.

I like the layout with the bed up front like the camper

IMO makes for a much usable more interior and the bed is always made up.

Have a great time with the new rig. When do you get it?

Frank

2002 Tundra AC TRD 4WD Limited 2009 ATC Bobcat loaded http://sharychic.blogspot.com/

#29 Ted

Ted

Magellan

• Site Team
  • 2,781 posts
  • LocationEast of Sacramento

Posted 31 January 2021 - 03:41 PM

Thanks for the nice comments. Bill, sorry, didn't mean to hijack your thread. And yes, we shall see each other on the road.

The picture is from Tiger's website but ours will be similar, just white.

Spitfire, yes it is being built new. We bought an F350 and shipped it to them. The bed is gone, frame modified, and coach under construction. (If anyone is looking for a long bed truck bed or tailgate, they have a pile of brand new ones behind their shop.)

Jeep364, I don't know about swapping out appliances, but we did ask them to relocate the battery storage, which would require wiring layout changes, and they were fine with that. So they are willing to work with you. As far as insulation goes, we have been winter camping in our canvas sided, single pane, thin walled Four Wheel camper. Getting something with insulated 2" thick walls, dual pane windows, and heated plumbing and holding tanks will be such an improvement it did not occur to us to ask about more insulation.

Frank, they are saying last week of March right now. If that is correct, time from order to delivery is about 5 months.

"Not all who wander are lost. Except Ted, he's usually lost."  Dirty Dog

#30 Missing Link

Missing Link

• Members
  • 507 posts
  • LocationFoothills of the Southern Sierra

Posted 31 January 2021 - 06:27 PM

Congratulations to you both on your new rigs.  i am not going to show this thread to my wife, as she has been making noises lately about bathrooms and pass through capabilities  :) .  Happy trails to you both.

2017 F150 with 2017 Hawk

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users