51 replies to this topic

#41 jeep364

jeep364

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
  • LocationEast coast, USA

Posted 11 May 2021 - 02:17 AM

Jeep364, I don't know about swapping out appliances, but we did ask them to relocate the battery storage, which would require wiring layout changes, and they were fine with that. So they are willing to work with you. As far as insulation goes, we have been winter camping in our canvas sided, single pane, thin walled Four Wheel camper. Getting something with insulated 2" thick walls, dual pane windows, and heated plumbing and holding tanks will be such an improvement it did not occur to us to ask about more insulation.

Frank, they are saying last week of March right now. If that is correct, time from order to delivery is about 5 months.

Where did you relocate the batteries to?  Generator box?  I noticed they finally have some videos on their website - if you click on the Chevy build they have a pair of heated Renogy batteries in the 'normal' external AGM location.

Looking forward to updates from your new ride!

#42 allanb

allanb

• Members
  • 193 posts
  • LocationPhysical location N.w. Wa. Spiritual location rocky mtn west

Posted 11 May 2021 - 09:45 PM

congratulations to you both!!!!

I am younger, but headed that way myself. Never have liked the walk around, fabric walls and lack of "stuff" space, with the chevy/northstar.

Maybe after a trip down Baja this coming winter, I'll switch it up

#43 Ted

Ted

Magellan

• Site Team
  • 2,781 posts
  • LocationEast of Sacramento

Posted 21 May 2021 - 02:17 PM

Where did you relocate the batteries to?  Generator box?  I noticed they finally have some videos on their website - if you click on the Chevy build they have a pair of heated Renogy batteries in the 'normal' external AGM location.

Looking forward to updates from your new ride!

The generator box is where I asked them to install them. Unfortunately in the early build they saw "no generator" so they built the back of the camper solid instead of installing the box and access door. The solution was to put them under the couch. Still kind of difficult to get to but so much better than the normal AGM location. Plus I shouldn't need to get to them for years.

These are the heated batteries though that shouldn't be an issue with their interior location. Two trips in the electrical has lived up to and beyond my expectations. Barely denting the available power and the batteries are back in "float" by noon.

"Not all who wander are lost. Except Ted, he's usually lost."  Dirty Dog

#44 Casa Escarlata Robles Too

Casa Escarlata Robles Too

C'est la vie

• Site Team
  • 9,267 posts
  • Locationmonterey bay area

Posted 21 May 2021 - 07:01 PM

Ted sounds like your new rig is working out great.

Frank

2002 Tundra AC TRD 4WD Limited 2009 ATC Bobcat loaded http://sharychic.blogspot.com/

#45 Vic Harder

Vic Harder

Doctor Electric

• Site Team
  • 4,895 posts
  • LocationCalgary, Alberta

Posted 23 May 2021 - 04:16 AM

. Two trips in the electrical has lived up to and beyond my expectations. Barely denting the available power and the batteries are back in "float" by noon.

Glad to hear that Ted!  

#46 RC Pilot Jim

RC Pilot Jim

• Members
  • 1,544 posts
  • LocationSan Diego Calif

Posted 17 June 2021 - 02:00 PM

Totally missed this post. Now I need to start following the Van section. There will be room in our carport as we are downsizing to one car - Suburu Outback and a golf cart for now. Going to wait 18 months when the market is flooded with used rigs as folks discover the cost of ownership, and my body is healed

As I said on the PM Bill. Enjoy

Edited by RC Pilot Jim, 17 June 2021 - 02:01 PM.

Jim

Retired from truck camping June 2021

Our Basic Eagle/Fleet Shell Build

#47 BobM

BobM

• Members
  • 729 posts

Posted 17 September 2022 - 09:23 PM

Hi Bill, hope you're still loving your Coachman Beyond.  We're still loving our Pleasure Way  Ontour 2.0.  Finally sold our Raven in July'22 for $4k less than we paid 10 years prior.

#48 billharr

billharr

• Members
  • 2,823 posts
  • LocationStockton CA

Posted 18 September 2022 - 03:04 PM

Hi Bill, hope you're still loving your Coachman Beyond.  We're still loving our Pleasure Way  Ontour 2.0.  Finally sold our Raven in July'22 for $4k less than we paid 10 years prior.

Reading this post in a FS meadow by Mammoth Mountain. Went to the van show in lake Tahoe yesterday and met Monte and Julie. The van is working great. We are on our way to Bristlecone pines today.

Attached Files

#49 BobM

BobM

• Members
  • 729 posts

Posted 17 October 2022 - 11:25 PM

Reading this post in a FS meadow by Mammoth Mountain. Went to the van show in lake Tahoe yesterday and met Monte and Julie. The van is working great. We are on our way to Bristlecone pines today.

We recently got back from a 17 day road trip through So Utah and N AZ.  Took the van down 16 miles of the Burr Trail and the whole length of the Moki Dugway The all so fun Moki Dugway - YouTube

#50 billharr

billharr

• Members
  • 2,823 posts
  • LocationStockton CA

Posted 19 October 2022 - 02:41 PM

We recently got back from a 17 day road trip through So Utah and N AZ.  Took the van down 16 miles of the Burr Trail and the whole length of the Moki Dugway The all so fun Moki Dugway - YouTube

Your Youtube channel now has 38 subscribers. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users