16 replies to this topic

#11 Vic Harder

Vic Harder

Doctor Electric

• Site Team
  • 4,950 posts
  • LocationCalgary, Alberta

Posted 19 January 2021 - 07:47 PM

My build is custom, so fitment/wiring is also custom.  I did not have an existing AC outlet.  My shore power connection only goes to my AC/DC charger.  I wired in an AC outlet that plugs directly into the inverter, and an AC outlet on the outside of my camper.  That latter bit is fun at campsites without AC.  People are really confused when I haul out my extension cord...they shake their heads, thinking "that dummy hasn't realized this is a primitive site w/o power"

Then I smile when I haul out my Induction cooktop and start cooking outside, plugged into my camper!  

:D

#12 Jack

Jack

• Members
  • 408 posts
  • LocationPortland OR

Posted 20 January 2021 - 12:36 AM

I have a 2015 Fleet front dinette. I originally had two Full River GC2 225 Ah 6 V batteries. It was a very tight fit - about an hour and a half to pull stuff out and get the batteries in.  I had to remove some of the framing and most of the sealing. For sale in Oregon, the battery compartment had to be sealed from the living area. Here are the dimensions for the Full River: https://www.fullrive...roduct/dc224-6/ You can install batteries that are about a 1/2" wider - removing the front 1/" guide and and secure them with 1/2" aluminum angle. You also have about 1" more in height, if needed, Length - no more than 1/8".

Because of this, I looked at the LifeBlue 200 Ah battery that fits easily in the space, but decided to do a DIY 280 Ah that also easily fits in the space. I don't recommend a DIY unless you are comfortable with electronics.

2015 Fleet on 2019 Ranger

#13 Abbiennormal

Abbiennormal

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 08 September 2021 - 11:03 PM

My build is custom, so fitment/wiring is also custom.  I did not have an existing AC outlet.  My shore power connection only goes to my AC/DC charger.  I wired in an AC outlet that plugs directly into the inverter, and an AC outlet on the outside of my camper.  That latter bit is fun at campsites without AC.  People are really confused when I haul out my extension cord...they shake their heads, thinking "that dummy hasn't realized this is a primitive site w/o power"

Then I smile when I haul out my Induction cooktop and start cooking outside, plugged into my camper!  

:D

Hi Vic,

I read your thread on wiring and it was super helpful. I just got my 3000 watt pure sinewave inverter and also want to cook on an induction cook top. Would you recommend the brand you are using? If yes, can you tell me what it is?

Abbie

1985 Grandby

1985 Ford F150 4x4

2017 Toyota Tundra 4x4

I'm just a Gen Xer with new knees so now I feel unstoppable.

#14 Vic Harder

Vic Harder

Doctor Electric

• Site Team
  • 4,950 posts
  • LocationCalgary, Alberta

Posted 09 September 2021 - 05:10 PM

Single burner 1800w - Duxtop

#15 Dupre

Dupre

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 03 December 2022 - 04:27 AM

Just purchased a tacoma with a 2014 FWC Fleet Front-Dinette Slide in model camper. I won't be taking delivery of the truck until next month though. I will be upgrading the whole solar system to use lithium batteries. I know the current batteries are two Exide 12v 75ah batteries.

Current purchase plan is as such:

2 battleborn 100 ah LiFePO batteries

1 Victron MPPT 100 | 30 solar charge controller

1 Victron BMV-712 battery monitor

1 Victron Orion-Tr Smart 12 |12-30A DC-DC charger

Either 4 or 6 awg wire to replace factory wiring.

I have looked all over this forum and google to try and find exact dimensions of that box but I haven't come across anything yet. My question to anybody who has this model of camper is will 2 battleborn batteries fit in the battery storage compartment. The current batteries are around 10 inches wide but the battelborn batteries are 12.75 inches. The batteries currently sit side by side (so around 20 inches in length). Does that box have enough width to handle roughly 26 inches? Thank you for your time. I would like to get this stuff ordered so I can start the upgrade process as soon as I get the camper.

Were you able to fit these in the battery compartment and if so, do you have a picture of it? Interested to do the exact same thing 

#16 PaulT

PaulT

Need gumbo

• Members
  • 2,611 posts
  • LocationHillsboro, Oregon

Posted 03 December 2022 - 06:00 AM

Two standard Battleborn 100Ah batteries will not fit, but two GC2 100Ah will fit fine. 

Paul

I thought getting old would take longer.

#17 Cbessler

Cbessler

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 48 posts

Posted 08 December 2022 - 04:59 AM

The SOK 206ah battery fits perfect in my 2014 fwc fleet front dinette in the battery compartment. Just remove the wooden support piece and reattach in the new spot

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Fleet, Battery

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users