230 replies to this topic

#11 Team Seaview

Team Seaview

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • LocationSonoma Coast

Posted 22 January 2021 - 01:31 AM

I'm an asst fire chief so we were offered the vaccination since we have potential exposures during our medical responses. I received my 2nd dose on 1/17. I had a sore arm for 48 hrs plus felt very tired and slightly off the day after. Not really much in the way of side effects. Theorhetically my immunity will be as good as it gets by Feb 1. That doesn't mean I can't  transmit the virus, so social distancing and masks are still in order. I wouldn't want to bring it home to my wife. PS I'm also 70.

#12 AWG_Pics

AWG_Pics

Into the Great Empty

• Members
  • 1,196 posts
  • LocationOregon

Posted 22 January 2021 - 02:41 AM

We are waiting -- probably a couple of months away at least. But there is light at the end of the tunnel. I do remember standing in a line at my elementary school to get sugar cubes with polio vaccine. And I worked in remote parts of east Africa and the middle east for several years -- lots of vaccines for that -- including rabies for Madagascar (3 shots).

lived for several years each in Montana, Utah, Idaho, Texas, Washington, Oregon.

2019 Tundra, Hawk.

https://www.flickr.c...hotos/awg_pics/

#13 Mighty Dodge Ram

Mighty Dodge Ram

• Members
  • 1,003 posts
  • LocationClose to the edge...

Posted 22 January 2021 - 03:25 PM

My wife and I are in the next scheduled group...she’s still teaching and I’m 66 with underlying. Ventura County announced they’re behind schedule and it’ll be several more weeks before they can even begin our group. The lack of vaccine doses is the culprit, we’re hoping a new vigorous and cogent federal response is going to jumpstart the process. We’re still hunkering down here.  

Richard
1996 Dodge Ram 1500 4x4, lightly lifted, ARB bumper/Warn winch, BFG AT/KO2, Snugtop shell. SOLD! But not forgotten!
2002 Chevy 2500HD XC LB 6.0L 4X4, Leer Hi-Rise shell, completely stock...for now!

#14 CougarCouple

CougarCouple

• Members
  • 1,376 posts
  • LocationLas Vegas

Posted 22 January 2021 - 06:09 PM

Got mine thru work 1/08, ouch! Sore arm 1 1/2 days bad headache on left side of head same side got vaccine. Just yesterday started to feel normal. Worried about second shot. I think it’s referred to as booster shot, don’t think I want to go thru this again.

Russ
F250 extended cab, Cougar from ATC. You guys rock thank you!

#15 Wandering Sagebrush

Wandering Sagebrush

Free Range Human

• Site Team
  • 10,583 posts
  • LocationNortheast Oregon

Posted 22 January 2021 - 10:35 PM

I had an email from a friend in SE Alaska, his village received their first round of vaccinations.  I wish Oregon (and the rest of the nation)was as efficient.

I am haunted by waters

#16 pvstoy

pvstoy

• Members
  • 2,770 posts
  • LocationCarson City, NV

Posted 23 January 2021 - 04:01 AM

Russ said
Got mine thru work 1/08, ouch! Sore arm 1 1/2 days bad headache on left side of head same side got vaccine. Just yesterday started to feel normal. Worried about second shot. I think it’s referred to as booster shot, don’t think I want to go thru this again.
‐‐-------------------------

Russ
Having some side effects is small compared to getting the virus and having life long health changes, or death. Like getting the shingles vaccine there is small side effects and a lot better than getting shingles.

Nevada ranks second from the bottom getting the vaccine per capita of population. Maybe things will start getting better. I can't get my 89 year old mom in to get a shot....

Edited by pvstoy, 23 January 2021 - 04:35 PM.

Patrick

2015 FWC Hawk Flatbed

#17 XJINTX

XJINTX

• Members
  • 552 posts
  • LocationEddy, TX

Posted 23 January 2021 - 12:19 PM

70 here and still on a couple "wait" lists :( Have a brother-in-law in Chicago area that is in PRISON he just turned 65 and has gotten both his shots???? WTF ????

#18 Taku

Taku

Buffalo Rockface

• Members
  • 757 posts

Posted 23 January 2021 - 02:28 PM

I am lucky being in fire, so got my first shot. Bit of sore arm, but not other side effects. Shingles vaccination was much more feeling like I had a bad flue. Many volunteers helping with the logistics/scheduling/checking up on folks. Many thanks to those who are making it happen!

2005 Tundra  2013 Ocelot    "Ridiculously comfortable"

2021 Tundra 2022 Cougar Shell Built Out  "Even more ridiculously comfortable"

#19 Mighty Dodge Ram

Mighty Dodge Ram

• Members
  • 1,003 posts
  • LocationClose to the edge...

Posted 23 January 2021 - 04:43 PM

Agreed on sore arm after the shingles shot. My arm felt like someone took a pipe to it for several days. My wife told me to stop being a baby...until she got hers! 😂

Richard
1996 Dodge Ram 1500 4x4, lightly lifted, ARB bumper/Warn winch, BFG AT/KO2, Snugtop shell. SOLD! But not forgotten!
2002 Chevy 2500HD XC LB 6.0L 4X4, Leer Hi-Rise shell, completely stock...for now!

#20 CougarCouple

CougarCouple

• Members
  • 1,376 posts
  • LocationLas Vegas

Posted 23 January 2021 - 05:11 PM

Russ said
‐‐-------------------------

Russ
Having some side effects is small compared to getting the virus and having life long health changes, or death. Like getting the shingles vaccine there is small side effects and a lot better than getting shingles.

Nevada ranks second from the bottom getting the vaccine per capita of population. Maybe things will start getting better. I can't get my 89 year old mom in to get a shot....

Hi
I’m hoping that our country will see your mom and so many others that need it receive the vaccine soon.
Our city jail is a friking Cvid spring board. 80% of det. officers got it some really bad.
Can’t help the workers if the others aren’t part of the solution.
Herd gentleman last year who was a test subject for vaccine trials. He said I’m doing this to help others, it’s what we have to do. I wear the mask, limited social contact, took this vaccine because I thought it the right thing to do.

Everything you said, I hear. Just scared and knowing how rushed the vaccine is makes my OCD mind working OT.

Russ
F250 extended cab, Cougar from ATC. You guys rock thank you!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users