230 replies to this topic

#221 fuzzymarindave

fuzzymarindave

• Members
  • 255 posts
  • LocationMarin County, CA

Posted 08 May 2021 - 12:50 AM

Got my second Moderna shot yesterday.
Still kinda stuck at home because the 3 month old puppy is not yet immunized against Parvo.

2015 Hawk, Silver Spur Interior, Fiberglass siding.  2008 F250 4x4 Supercab

#222 MarkBC

MarkBC

The Weatherman

• Site Team
  • 6,599 posts
  • LocationBend, Oregon

Posted 08 May 2021 - 01:53 AM

I got my first shot in rural Georgia (the US state) and the second here in Bend, Oregon.

When I left Bend in early February my age-group wasn't yet eligible for vaccination.  So, I figured I'd either rely on Southern hospitality to vaccinate this poor "homeless" West Coast Yankee...or wait until I got home again -- probably not until May.

In late March, while camped in Georgia, I heard about a website called "vaccinefinder.org" that helps folks locate COVID vaccines being administered by private pharmacies (e.g., CVS, Walmart, Rite-Aid, etc.). I knew that -- officially -- Georgia (like most states) was offering vaccination only to folks living or working there. But I filled out the appointment form with my real address -- in Oregon -- and I got an appointment at the Swainsboro Walmart without alarms going off.  That particular pharmacy had many open appointment slots -- either locals didn't want vaccines or they already had them.

When I was in the vaccination room with the pharmacist administering the jab I told him that I'm a tourist from Oregon. He seemed to ignore that, but said that there were folks driving 3 hours from Atlanta to his pharmacy to take advantage of their excess supply.  (3 hours?  I drove 3000 miles.  :D )

Back in Bend from my 3-month wander I attempted to get an appointment for jab #2 via the County Health Dept, which links to the local Big Hospital. On the hospital's site, after I indicated that I wanted my second shot, they (the appointment software) said that for jab #2 I should go to where I got #1.  But I wasn't going to drive back to Georgia... Rite-Aid website was similar. To sign up there I'd have to lie and claim that it was going to be my 1st jab.  So I tried Walmart Pharmacy's site again and they didn't make any distinction between appointments [in Bend] for 1st and 2nd jabs. When I showed up at Walmart for my vaccination today I showed them my vaccine card, and there was no issue at all.

All good!

FWC Hawk (2005) on a Ford F250 Supercab, 6.8L V10 gas (2000)

#223 ski3pin

ski3pin

Belay On

• Site Team
  • 15,316 posts
  • LocationSierra Nevada Range

Posted 28 September 2021 - 03:36 PM

I received an email from UC Davis Medical Center yesterday saying I was eligible for my Pfizer booster shot. The "make an appointment process" was easy online and it is next Monday morning. :)

It is good to be a healthy old fart.

2003 Ford Ranger FX4 Level II 2013 ATC Bobcat SE "And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years."- Abraham Lincoln  http://ski3pin.blogspot.com/

#224 MarkBC

MarkBC

The Weatherman

• Site Team
  • 6,599 posts
  • LocationBend, Oregon

Posted 28 September 2021 - 03:57 PM

I received an email from UC Davis Medical Center yesterday saying I was eligible for my Pfizer booster shot. The "make an appointment process" was easy online and it is next Monday morning. :)

I'll do the same as soon as they approve, recommend, a Moderna booster.

FWC Hawk (2005) on a Ford F250 Supercab, 6.8L V10 gas (2000)

#225 Casa Escarlata Robles Too

Casa Escarlata Robles Too

C'est la vie

• Site Team
  • 9,286 posts
  • Locationmonterey bay area

Posted 28 September 2021 - 06:00 PM

We're going to set up an appointment in about 2 weeks.

Due to other "shots"there has to be a certain time between.

We're ready.

Frank

2002 Tundra AC TRD 4WD Limited 2009 ATC Bobcat loaded http://sharychic.blogspot.com/

#226 ski3pin

ski3pin

Belay On

• Site Team
  • 15,316 posts
  • LocationSierra Nevada Range

Posted 28 September 2021 - 08:36 PM

It is good to be a healthy old fart.

Our local CVS provides walk in vaccinations so I got it done today on the way back from the post office. Saved me a drive!  :) 

2003 Ford Ranger FX4 Level II 2013 ATC Bobcat SE "And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years."- Abraham Lincoln  http://ski3pin.blogspot.com/

#227 Casa Escarlata Robles Too

Casa Escarlata Robles Too

C'est la vie

• Site Team
  • 9,286 posts
  • Locationmonterey bay area

Posted 28 September 2021 - 11:25 PM

Smart thinking ,for an old fart.

Frank

2002 Tundra AC TRD 4WD Limited 2009 ATC Bobcat loaded http://sharychic.blogspot.com/

#228 billharr

billharr

• Members
  • 2,824 posts
  • LocationStockton CA

Posted 29 September 2021 - 01:51 AM

I'll do the same as soon as they approve, recommend, a Moderna booster.

+1 booster and then a vaccine for the grandkids and I can live a little more normal life. 

#229 Mighty Dodge Ram

Mighty Dodge Ram

• Members
  • 1,003 posts
  • LocationClose to the edge...

Posted 29 September 2021 - 03:31 PM

The wife and I slipped into the local Rite Aid last Saturday morning for our Pfizer boosters. I’m 66, she’s younger but a middle school teacher, don’t get me started on the pathetic protocols my former district has implemented. We both experienced more pronounced reactions than our first two shots but no big deal, I’ll take that over COVID any day. 

Richard
1996 Dodge Ram 1500 4x4, lightly lifted, ARB bumper/Warn winch, BFG AT/KO2, Snugtop shell. SOLD! But not forgotten!
2002 Chevy 2500HD XC LB 6.0L 4X4, Leer Hi-Rise shell, completely stock...for now!

#230 dennis 221

dennis 221

• Members
  • 385 posts

Posted 05 October 2021 - 08:12 PM

#3 last week

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users