230 replies to this topic

#21 craig333

craig333

Riley's Human

• Members
  • 8,000 posts
  • LocationSacramento

Posted 23 January 2021 - 06:17 PM

My shingles vaccination was just a sore arm.

I hate to say anything bad about those in the health care field but it sure seems like our county health officer dropped the ball considering how long they had to plan. The state isn't much better. They seem to be just winging it. 

As for the vaccine being rushed, as far as I know this vaccine uses a different technology than previous vaccines that took much longer to bring to market. While it seems rushed, the best I can tell is its been properly vetted for safety. 

Craig K6JGV_________________________ 2004 2500 CTD 4X4 FWC HAWK 1960 CJ5

#22 Casa Escarlata Robles Too

Casa Escarlata Robles Too

C'est la vie

• Site Team
  • 9,267 posts
  • Locationmonterey bay area

Posted 23 January 2021 - 08:42 PM

This is such a big problem but there has been a lot of time to get to work on it.

Not pointing any fingers but sure would like to get our health dept working on this.

Soon I think we might get ours soon next month.

Until then just staying safe.We live out in the county so out of the mass of people.

Frank

2002 Tundra AC TRD 4WD Limited 2009 ATC Bobcat loaded http://sharychic.blogspot.com/

#23 rando

rando

• Members
  • 1,638 posts
  • LocationColorado

Posted 23 January 2021 - 09:11 PM

Got mine thru work 1/08, ouch! Sore arm 1 1/2 days bad headache on left side of head same side got vaccine. Just yesterday started to feel normal. Worried about second shot. I think it’s referred to as booster shot, don’t think I want to go thru this again.

Russ

To look on the bright side - the fact that you had a reaction means the your immune system responded to the vaccine and is producing antibodies.   If you had no reaction then there would be a chance you didn't react to the vaccine and had a lower level of antibody production and immunity.

2016 Fleet Flatbed

2016 Toyota Tacoma

#24 Vic Harder

Vic Harder

Doctor Electric

• Site Team
  • 4,895 posts
  • LocationCalgary, Alberta

Posted 24 January 2021 - 06:13 AM

We are not expecting ours until the fall.  Still a long time before things return to something resembling "normal" up here.

#25 camelracer

camelracer

• Members
  • 960 posts
  • LocationGoleta, Ca

Posted 25 January 2021 - 03:58 AM

I got my appointment last night for a May 14th vaccination. Being over 75 here in Santa Barbara County puts you right at the top of the list. I'm just not sure what list.

2002 Fiat 2500 CTD 4x4, FWC Grandby 1951 Willys CJ3A

#26 dennis 221

dennis 221

• Members
  • 384 posts

Posted 25 January 2021 - 12:41 PM

In Iowa your guess is as good as mine.. one question. Why do they not order those drug companies to share their drug recipe to ALL companies so we can get a faster rollout...ya i know $$$ ,but life over $$$$$

#27 PaulT

PaulT

Need gumbo

• Members
  • 2,603 posts
  • LocationHillsboro, Oregon

Posted 25 January 2021 - 04:31 PM

Be patient.  This has been a monumental success story.

Do you realize how exceptional it is to have vaccines developed this quickly? 

(Rant on)

Are you aware of what it takes to set up production lines that meet standards? Will they be reusable?

Logistics for volume shipping and storage from manufacturing to the states for a vaccine that must be kept at such low temps, setting up vaccinations such that the doses don’t expire before arriving in someone’s arm has been difficult.

Our governor has been so slow at deciding who gets the vaccine based on medical need, social justice rank, her union support, rural vs urban issues, complaining about receiving doses from the federal gov’t while being unable to organize mass vaccination events that could turn into super spreader events.

While I think big pharma is not always our best friend, in this case, they have really stepped up to respond to the task. 

What percent of the vaccines received has your state injected into arms?

How much are you being charged for your doses?

(Rant off)

Paul

I thought getting old would take longer.

#28 JaSAn

JaSAn

Grumpy Old Man

• Members
  • 1,098 posts
  • LocationMinnesota

Posted 25 January 2021 - 05:05 PM

. . . Why do they not order those drug companies to share their drug recipe to ALL companies so we can get a faster rollout...

Because we want the drug companies to quickly develop drugs for the next crisis?

Sköldpaddan, a 1977 FWC Grandby
Renovating Skoldpaddan
2012 Ram 2500 4X4
1951 Dodge Power Wagon

#29 craig333

craig333

Riley's Human

• Members
  • 8,000 posts
  • LocationSacramento

Posted 25 January 2021 - 06:32 PM

My dad got a letter from Kaiser. Congrats you're top of the list. Btw, we have no idea when you'll actually get vaccinated. 

Craig K6JGV_________________________ 2004 2500 CTD 4X4 FWC HAWK 1960 CJ5

#30 CougarCouple

CougarCouple

• Members
  • 1,376 posts
  • LocationLas Vegas

Posted 25 January 2021 - 08:01 PM

To look on the bright side - the fact that you had a reaction means the your immune system responded to the vaccine and is producing antibodies. If you had no reaction then there would be a chance you didn't react to the vaccine and had a lower level of antibody production and immunity.

Well thank you for that information, had not thought of that. Sometimes I think we’re just along for the ride.

Russ
F250 extended cab, Cougar from ATC. You guys rock thank you!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users