35 replies to this topic

#21 Lighthawk

Lighthawk

Weekend warrior

• Members
  • 3,319 posts
  • LocationNevada City, CA

Posted 21 March 2021 - 03:53 AM

Technically, not an attached fold out shower enclosure, but a cost effective alternate.

_DSF8292-XL.jpg

popup tent

DV tested.   Eight years service, with blown zippers, which we've repaired with tabs of velcro.

Secured with a carabiner though the spring steel frame with 1" repurposed canvas strap to rear step of Hawk.  I added tarp bungees to the corners and the tent can be set up away from camp for personal use.

_DSF8293-L.jpg

Inside the tent is a floor mat, which doubles as our regular mat we keep at the bottom of our stairs.

astroturf mat

Toiletries sit inside the shower tent, on top of our plastic folding table, which doubles as our side table for morning coffee with our camp chairs.  Everything is multipurpose.

Two gallons of pressurized hot water at 110F is delivered via our Zodi Extreme .

We've had it for ten years and just replaced the handle/pump assembly.  They are based in Salt Lake.

We often use this extra two gallons as a secondary water tank, using spring water when on longer trips.

I've got a six foot hose on an auxiliary two gallon tank, which doubles as our BBQ tank and is a back up to our main tank.  Back ups are good.

Outside of tent is a camp chair with towel waiting.  Sandals ready to slip into.

Total cost, including hot water is $270.00

Edited by Lighthawk, 21 March 2021 - 06:02 AM.

2021 RAM 3500 Crew 4x4, 6.4 hemi/8 speed trans with 4.10 gears, Timber Grove bags, Falken Wildpeak 35" tires.

OEV Aluma 6.75 flatbed, Bundutec Odyssey camper on order for 2024

For this year we're still using our 2008 FWC Hawk with victron DC-DC charger, 130w solar, MPPT controler

with 2000w inverter and external 120v output and 12v solar input with 100w portable solar.   http://lighthawkphoto.com

#22 ckent323

ckent323

• Members
  • 1,226 posts
  • LocationSolvang, CA

Posted 22 March 2021 - 02:55 PM

Lighthawk,

We have a pop up shower encloser similer to the one you pictured.  We find it to the a floppy, unstable PITA in even mildly breezy conditions.   Also there is no much room inside.  It does work  -sort of but not satisfactory for our needs.

Looking for something that is a bit larger and sturdier. 

Pvstoy

I am somewhat familiar with most of the ensuite type units on the market.  I have a spreadsheet comparing sizes and features but none are quite what I want.

I may wind up buying one of the en-suite units but still working on some DIY ideas.

Thanks just the same.

Craig

Edited by ckent323, 22 March 2021 - 03:05 PM.

1993 Dodge Cummins W-250 Club Cab long bed, 2007 FWC Keystone

#23 jimjxsn

jimjxsn

• Members
  • 599 posts
  • LocationRoxborough Park or Buena Vista CO

Posted 23 March 2021 - 03:26 PM

Technically, not an attached fold out shower enclosure, but a cost effective alternate.

_DSF8292-XL.jpg

popup tent

DV tested.   Eight years service, with blown zippers, which we've repaired with tabs of velcro.

Secured with a carabiner though the spring steel frame with 1" repurposed canvas strap to rear step of Hawk.  I added tarp bungees to the corners and the tent can be set up away from camp for personal use.

_DSF8293-L.jpg

Inside the tent is a floor mat, which doubles as our regular mat we keep at the bottom of our stairs.

astroturf mat

Toiletries sit inside the shower tent, on top of our plastic folding table, which doubles as our side table for morning coffee with our camp chairs.  Everything is multipurpose.

Two gallons of pressurized hot water at 110F is delivered via our Zodi Extreme .

We've had it for ten years and just replaced the handle/pump assembly.  They are based in Salt Lake.

We often use this extra two gallons as a secondary water tank, using spring water when on longer trips.

I've got a six foot hose on an auxiliary two gallon tank, which doubles as our BBQ tank and is a back up to our main tank.  Back ups are good.

Outside of tent is a camp chair with towel waiting.  Sandals ready to slip into.

Total cost, including hot water is $270.00

Lighthawk - This is my exact setup.  Mine has tie out loops 3/4 of the way up.  Which I always either tie between the front and back jack brackets on the drivers side of the camper or between two trees.  I've never had a problem in the wind.

Although, on a sand bar in the Green River in Canyonlands NP with no trees in site, yes...

~Jim
2000 Tundra AC- 2000 FWC Ranger

2017 Tundra DC - 2017 ATC Panther

#24 larryqp

larryqp

• Members
  • 299 posts
  • LocationFull-time RVer, anywhere USA

Posted 24 March 2021 - 01:29 PM

I've been using this two room shower/bathroom enclosure for a few years. one room has floor with mesh around floor sides, other room has solid floor. zipper door between rooms to keep one side dry. has bug screen on window and roof. In this photo the roof fly is not installed.

If its windy I secure it to the non-furnace side on the camper. If its not windy it gets erected away from camper. works well.

solar shower enclosure copy.JPG

2016 F150, FX4, XLT super cab

2019 FWC Hawk Shell

2009 Ford Ranger 4x4, XLT, Supercab total loss on 7/30/19

2014 FWC Shell total loss on 7/30/19

Towed behind our home which is a 2005 Kountry Star Diesel Pusher

#25 pvstoy

pvstoy

• Members
  • 2,768 posts
  • LocationCarson City, NV

Posted 25 March 2021 - 04:51 PM

I found out the Aaron at Artemis Overland Hardware ran out of stock bag units of Quick Pitch.  I did get one of the last soft sided units through Bundutec USA .  https://bundutecusa....quick-en-suite/

Next shipment from South Africa will be in midish April or so.....

Jenn at Bunduted mentioned if you decide on a hard case of the Quick Pitch please note if you want the case to open and stay open on a flat walled surface, you'll will need to mount the unit with a stand off from the wall for the top to swing open. 

Patrick

2015 FWC Hawk Flatbed

#26 smlobx

smlobx

Lost again

• Members
  • 1,529 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina

Posted 26 March 2021 - 12:48 PM

pvstoy if you look at my previous post (#8 in this thread) you can see the hard case mounted flush to the side of my camper with the lid staying in the open position.

What I did have to do is to drill out the latches and reverse them so that they stuck “out” when latched. I just riveted the latches back into place without any issue.

Eddie
KO4CPL

Travel light. Travel far. Travel safe.

#27 pvstoy

pvstoy

• Members
  • 2,768 posts

Posted 26 March 2021 - 02:39 PM

pvstoy if you look at my previous post (#8 in this thread) you can see the hard case mounted flush to the side of my camper with the lid staying in the open position.

What I did have to do is to drill out the latches and reverse them so that they stuck “out” when latched. I just riveted the latches back into place without any issue.

Eddie good tip about the latches. I would guess most people that have or mount the hard case have not thought of that or are willing to modify because of ones own skill set ability's. 

Patrick

2015 FWC Hawk Flatbed

#28 pvstoy

pvstoy

• Members
  • 2,768 posts

Posted 03 June 2022 - 06:07 PM

Brookie sent me a message while we were recently in Africa for 6 weeks about shower enclosure.

Hi Patrick,
Would you please advise me on the shower tent you installed? Brand name, how you installed it, etc?

Quick Pitch shower enclosure and mounted it on the drivers side bolted through just where I wanted it.  Some links.

http://www.quickpitc...ca.com/gallery/

https://bundutecusa....quick-en-suite/

So I can't attach images in a PM and everybody like images so here are a few of the soft sides Quick Pitch attached.

Cheers,

20210403_132438_resized.jpg

20210403_132408_resized.jpg

Patrick

2015 FWC Hawk Flatbed

#29 pvstoy

pvstoy

• Members
  • 2,768 posts

Posted 03 June 2022 - 06:09 PM

More plus the shower head I made.

20210403_132353_resized.jpg

20190702_180904_resized.jpg

20190702_180923_resized.jpg

Edited by pvstoy, 03 June 2022 - 06:13 PM.

Patrick

2015 FWC Hawk Flatbed

#30 pvstoy

pvstoy

• Members
  • 2,768 posts

Posted 03 June 2022 - 06:12 PM

Close up shower heard assembly

20190702_181147_resized.jpg

20190702_181040_resized.jpg

Patrick