3 replies to this topic

#1 Lardog

Lardog

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 06 February 2021 - 09:52 PM

Hello -
Curious if anyone has any experience with these tires. Been running BFG KO2 on my Chevy 3500. Recently blew two tires down by the Grand Canyon. Looking for any experience in snow, deep sand, rock, gravel, etc. I have a Hawk FWC in the bed also.

Need tires, and the Toyo RT’s I was looking at are back ordered apparently so weighing my options.

Any info is appreciated

#2 Wandering Sagebrush

Wandering Sagebrush

Free Range Human

• Site Team
  • 10,589 posts
  • LocationNortheast Oregon

Posted 06 February 2021 - 10:55 PM

No experience with those, but I recommend looking at the Cooper Discoverer tires, too.

I am haunted by waters

#3 Beach

Beach

• Members
  • 866 posts

Posted 07 February 2021 - 02:25 PM

If you want to stick with Toyos check online:  Tire Rack.com or similar company. I run Cooper ATPs, can't speak for their snow performance but they are very good in wet conditions, decent in light mud(not a aggressive mud tread)  and pretty quiet on the road.

#4 ramblinChet

ramblinChet

• Gone Traveling
  • 486 posts
  • LocationYorktown, Virginia

Posted 11 February 2021 - 07:24 AM

I have around a decade of experience first running Firestone MTs on my Jeep and was so impressed with the tire when she was ready for new rubber I picked up Firestone Destination MT2s. Initially I purchased them since lifetime balance and rotation was only around $25 per tire and I also had lifetime alignment at Firestone that cost around $175 on sale. I stop in every 6-9 months and have them rotate the tires and also check balance and alignment while they are at it.

It's always easy to locate a Firestone Service Center so it was an easy decision for me. The tire rides nice, is one of the quieter MTs, wears well and has great traction especially in the mud and snow.

Adventure vehicle: 2021 AEV Prospector & FWC Grandby Trail reports: Texas Hill Country, East Texas 450 Loop, Georgia Traverse, Allegheny Discovery Route, Laurel Highlands 200, Cross Pennsylvania Adventure Trail, Trans New Jersey Trail, Georgia Adventure Trail, Panhandle Adventure Trail, Cheeseburger Loop, Organs Loop, Sedona Backcountry Trail, Bloody Basin Trail, Crown King Road, Senator Highway, Big Bend Adventure Trail, Big Bend Ranch 150, El Camino del Diablo, Mojave Road, Joshua Tree Adventure Route, Anza-Borrego Discovery Trail, Kofa Pioneer Trail, Sonoran Desert Traverse, Five Tribes Overland Trail.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users