I am haunted by waters

#2 Casa Escarlata Robles Too

Casa Escarlata Robles Too

C'est la vie

• Site Team
  • 9,295 posts
  • Locationmonterey bay area

Posted 09 February 2021 - 07:55 PM

Yummy,can't go wrong with Julia or Cowboy Kent.

Frank

2002 Tundra AC TRD 4WD Limited 2009 ATC Bobcat loaded http://sharychic.blogspot.com/

#3 Fishyhead

Fishyhead

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 68 posts
  • LocationAnaheim, CA

Posted 28 February 2021 - 11:02 PM

Wow he's great!  The clip oh him towing the wagon with his riding mower had me laughing out loud.  Seeing his quality control team makes me miss my guy very very much :(

Beef bourguignon is on of my favorite fall/winter camping meals and I base mine off of this recipe:

http://www.vintagehi...eef-bourguignon

I do add carrots (as Cowboy Kent does) and celery (classic mirepoix proportion of 50% onion, 25% carrot and 25% celery) though.  I added a half red bell pepper because I had it left over when I made it last weekend and it turned out pretty good.  

I'll try CK's process of browning the mushrooms and adding flour to it at the end next time!

1997 Toyota T100 4x4 manual - 1993 FWC Ranger 8'

#4 BrianG

BrianG

• Members
  • 196 posts
  • LocationNorthern Nevada

Posted 01 March 2021 - 06:34 AM

I’ve now made the Beef Bourguignon and the neighbors loved it, but a lot of work. Also made the Authentic Enchiladas with crispy shredded pork and cheese fill, amazing taste, but ridiculously time consuming to make. I handed the ingredient list to a clerk in our Mexican mkt and she collected all the stuff. If you make the enchilada sauce make a lot, freeze what you don’t use for later. 

Also, we used flour tortillas, the corn tortillas where falling apart when trying to roll them. We decided the enchilada dish could be made like lasagna with a mix of flour and corn tortillas. 

Edited by BrianG, 01 March 2021 - 06:40 AM.

2018 Ram 3500 Mega Cab 4x4 Diesel, 2015 Hawk Silver Spur Exterior, Front Dinette

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users