7 replies to this topic

#1 dburt

dburt

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 27 February 2021 - 02:28 PM

Howdy,
I’ve got a 2020 Lynx on a ‘96 Tacoma and I and going to get a Tundra. I’m guessing I will need to build a platform to raise the camper to get over the bedrails and cab. It would be even better if I could build some drawers or something in platform for storage. Has anyone done this? If so, how did you do it? Thanks in advance!

#2 JeffWright

JeffWright

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 27 February 2021 - 02:40 PM

Howdy,
I’ve got a 2020 Lynx on a ‘96 Tacoma and I and going to get a Tundra. I’m guessing I will need to build a platform to raise the camper to get over the bedrails and cab. It would be even better if I could build some drawers or something in platform for storage. Has anyone done this? If so, how did you do it? Thanks in advance!

I’ve been threatening to do the same. I’ve got a 2014 Bobcat on a 2007 f150. As of now I’ve got 3 plywood “boxes” Marty made me running east and west that I think give me about 4” of extra clearance.

Check this out: https://youtu.be/jGi8sl3RawY

#3 dburt

dburt

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 27 February 2021 - 02:56 PM

Cool thanks! On your boxes, are they bolted to the bed or anything?

#4 JeffWright

JeffWright

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 27 February 2021 - 03:23 PM

They are screwed into the floor (which is a little scary being under the camper while on the tripod jacks). We added one more strip of plywood to add a little more clearance.  gallery_6950_1454_96928.jpg

#5 dburt

dburt

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 27 February 2021 - 03:53 PM

Fantastic. Thank you!

#6 Casa Escarlata Robles Too

Casa Escarlata Robles Too

C'est la vie

• Site Team
  • 9,287 posts
  • Locationmonterey bay area

Posted 27 February 2021 - 07:12 PM

Isn't ATC great? The extra they go to to help.

Always great to get their help.

Frank

2002 Tundra AC TRD 4WD Limited 2009 ATC Bobcat loaded http://sharychic.blogspot.com/

#7 Vic Harder

Vic Harder

Doctor Electric

• Site Team
  • 4,950 posts
  • LocationCalgary, Alberta

Posted 27 February 2021 - 08:46 PM

They are screwed into the floor (which is a little scary being under the camper while on the tripod jacks). We added one more strip of plywood to add a little more clearance.  gallery_6950_1454_96928.jpg

Why not run them north/south instead and gain under camper storage.  Tim Morrisey did something like that and had a drawer in between for skis and such.

#8 JeffWright

JeffWright

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 28 February 2021 - 02:12 PM

Hi Vic, we discussed that earlier and I included the link to the ski drawer setup.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users