Photo
- - - - -

Dual rear receivers each side of oem hitch?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 OutbacKamper

OutbacKamper

• Members
  • 198 posts
  • LocationKelowna, BC, Canada

Posted 05 April 2021 - 10:18 PM

Hello;

I was doing some research on an UltraSwing for my 2003 F350. On the website they show a similar truck to mine with the Ultraswing installed, if you look carefully the oem hitch appears to have an accessory receiver mounted to each side. I'm wondering if this is an available bolt on accessory (from a hitch company) or a custom modification. Does anyone know if these add on receivers are available, either for this specific truck, or as a generic accessory?

Thanks

38BE04A1-3724-4D5F-B4B3-29B583C2E777_200

Mailblast_Big_Dog_Mega_Fit_2000x.png?v=1

I intend to mount a storage box, rather than a spare tire, similar to this:

deluxe-storage-box.jpg

...for a generator and a small outdoor kitchen setup to use with the Ultraswing accessory table:

DSC07689_2000x.jpg?v=1580500907

I was thinking an additional receiver could be used to install a folding step to access my camper. Here is my truck and camper:

DSCF3008.jpg

Edited by OutbacKamper, 05 April 2021 - 10:36 PM.

#2 Old Crow

Old Crow

Searching....

• Members
  • 1,059 posts
  • LocationSouth Central PA

Posted 06 April 2021 - 03:56 PM

Those photos appear to show a red hitch recovery point mounted in the UltraSwing.  Would a simple hitch step work there?  (In other words, keep the step there for normal use and swap in the recovery point only when needed)

If you'd prefer to have the multiple receivers and don't get a better answer, it might be worth an email to the SwivelWheel folks.  I see they sell two dual-mount hitch bars.  They might be able to answer your question about where to buy a dual-receiver setup for your truck.

SwivelWheel brochure

Edited by Old Crow, 06 April 2021 - 04:20 PM.

'01 FWC Hawk shell on a '13 Tundra Double-Cab  + '19 Ford Transit van with Quigley 4x4 option

#3 OutbacKamper

OutbacKamper

• Members
  • 198 posts
  • LocationKelowna, BC, Canada

Posted 07 April 2021 - 04:23 AM

Thanks for the suggestions Old Crow. I was not aware or "Swivel Wheel"...I will look into that.

As to your suggestion regarding the centre receiver, I agree that the recovery point need not be installed until required, but I don't think the swing away bracket would be compatible with a centre mounted rear folding step (unless the step hangs down well below the rear bumper). I could be wrong. I have ordered the UltraSwing Megafit, so I will wait and see regarding a rear step solution.

Cheers

Mark

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users