• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 kodoz

kodoz

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 06 April 2021 - 02:41 AM

What is this? This custom built platform replaces the rear seat with a platform for a refrigerator, ice chest, or cargo and a lock-box that doubles as a comfy spot for your dog's bed.

What's it in? This was built for a 2007 (3rd gen) Ram 3500 quad cab. Definitely fits the 2007-2008 with the same bench seat in the back, but I would think it should fit all 3rd gen 2500s and 3500s (and likely 1500s). May work for 4th gen Rams. If you're interested, come by and try it out, or I can get measurements on the dimensions.

Who's it for? Overlanders or work trucks. The lock box will keep tools, computers, and a good bit of additional gear safe. It's great for couples with fur babies since both sides of the platform provide a stable surface for dog beds. The passenger side platform can hold a fridge or ice chest and has welded tiedowns for that purpose. (The Snomaster 45 shown in the wouldn't be included.) The overall platform was built with full-time travel in South/Central America in mind.

Why are we selling? We bought the truck from somebody who doesn't have a kid, but we do. Don't have one. They're loud and expensive.

How does it work? The floor of the platform bolts in where the seats did at 2 points, the back has 3 bolts that hold it secure. The floor and back are riveted in place.

How much? Make an offer, but $50 ain't going to cut it. Seems like $350 is a pretty good number, and if you can use it we're happy to see it put to use. Otherwise it'll stay in storage until the kid's in college and I can fill my ice chest in the back with beer.

Text preferred

#2 bajaphile

bajaphile

• Members
  • 130 posts
  • LocationNCSD CA

Posted 06 April 2021 - 01:32 PM

Would like to see some pictures if possible!

2001 F350 V10 4x4 w/ 2003 FWC Hawk

1997 Toyota Land Cruiser 

#3 kodoz

kodoz

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 07 April 2021 - 01:10 AM

Would like to see some pictures if possible!

I meant to post a link to the local listing that has a bunch of pics...here it is

We uninstalled it from our truck this weekend, but I can send additional pictures or measurements for anybody who's interested. 

Thanks!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users