14 replies to this topic

#1 jsduty

jsduty

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts
  • LocationOconomowoc

Posted 14 April 2021 - 09:51 PM

Hi all new guy  I just received a quote on a new GRANDBY with a destination charge of 1350.00 To the dealer in Eagle Wi.   Does this seem right? THANKS

#2 longhorn1

longhorn1

Ouch, that stings!

• Members
  • 2,826 posts
  • LocationCarmel, Indiana

Posted 14 April 2021 - 09:58 PM

Yes. You are responsible for the shipping charge. Purchasing from Wisconsin saves you on taxes. The cost to drive California for install and California taxes are more than what you will pay for a purchase in Wisconsin. We bought from Sean back in 2014.

http://texaslonghorns01.blogspot.com/

Ford F-250 Long bed, 2014 Grandby

#3 Ted

Ted

Magellan

• Site Team
  • 2,781 posts
  • LocationEast of Sacramento

Posted 14 April 2021 - 10:17 PM

Considering we are looking at $5k-7k to get our new rig shipped from South Carolina to California, I'd pay $1350 with a smile.

"Not all who wander are lost. Except Ted, he's usually lost."  Dirty Dog

#4 jsduty

jsduty

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts
  • LocationOconomowoc

Posted 14 April 2021 - 10:17 PM

Thank you. Just wanted to be sure it was not a typo   :)

#5 ramblinChet

ramblinChet

• Gone Traveling
  • 486 posts
  • LocationYorktown, Virginia

Posted 15 April 2021 - 04:57 AM

My shipping charge to Montana was $775 and that was late in 2020.

Adventure vehicle: 2021 AEV Prospector & FWC Grandby Trail reports: Texas Hill Country, East Texas 450 Loop, Georgia Traverse, Allegheny Discovery Route, Laurel Highlands 200, Cross Pennsylvania Adventure Trail, Trans New Jersey Trail, Georgia Adventure Trail, Panhandle Adventure Trail, Cheeseburger Loop, Organs Loop, Sedona Backcountry Trail, Bloody Basin Trail, Crown King Road, Senator Highway, Big Bend Adventure Trail, Big Bend Ranch 150, El Camino del Diablo, Mojave Road, Joshua Tree Adventure Route, Anza-Borrego Discovery Trail, Kofa Pioneer Trail, Sonoran Desert Traverse, Five Tribes Overland Trail.

#6 kmcintyre

kmcintyre

• Members
  • 1,379 posts
  • LocationBoise, ID

Posted 15 April 2021 - 10:53 AM

I'd say make a road trip and go to the factory and have it installed.... 

Boise, ID

2022 Chevy 3500 HD

2023 FWC Flatbed Hawk

#7 larryqp

larryqp

• Members
  • 299 posts
  • LocationFull-time RVer, anywhere USA

Posted 15 April 2021 - 12:44 PM

I purchased my 2019 Hawk in Montana. Made road trip from Texas, no sales tax in MT, Steve did a great job on the install and was great to work with. Denny is the owner of both shops in WY and MT, I can't say enough positive stuff about the process, I highly recommend them. MT is a bit closer than CA from WI. Good luck

2016 F150, FX4, XLT super cab

2019 FWC Hawk Shell

2009 Ford Ranger 4x4, XLT, Supercab total loss on 7/30/19

2014 FWC Shell total loss on 7/30/19

Towed behind our home which is a 2005 Kountry Star Diesel Pusher

#8 patrkbukly

patrkbukly

• Members
  • 224 posts
  • LocationFairplay, CO

Posted 15 April 2021 - 02:24 PM

I purchased my 2019 Hawk in Montana. Made road trip from Texas, no sales tax in MT, Steve did a great job on the install and was great to work with. Denny is the owner of both shops in WY and MT, I can't say enough positive stuff about the process, I highly recommend them. MT is a bit closer than CA from WI. Good luck

Agree with you here, Denny was awesome when i got my 2016 Granby. Not only worth the drive but puts you in a great area to launch your FWC 1st adventure.

#9 ramblinChet

ramblinChet

• Gone Traveling
  • 486 posts
  • LocationYorktown, Virginia

Posted 16 April 2021 - 05:15 AM

Yes, and from what I hear Denny sells and installs more FWCs than all the other dealers in the US combined. There's always a great deal of value when it comes to working with someone with that level of experience.

Adventure vehicle: 2021 AEV Prospector & FWC Grandby Trail reports: Texas Hill Country, East Texas 450 Loop, Georgia Traverse, Allegheny Discovery Route, Laurel Highlands 200, Cross Pennsylvania Adventure Trail, Trans New Jersey Trail, Georgia Adventure Trail, Panhandle Adventure Trail, Cheeseburger Loop, Organs Loop, Sedona Backcountry Trail, Bloody Basin Trail, Crown King Road, Senator Highway, Big Bend Adventure Trail, Big Bend Ranch 150, El Camino del Diablo, Mojave Road, Joshua Tree Adventure Route, Anza-Borrego Discovery Trail, Kofa Pioneer Trail, Sonoran Desert Traverse, Five Tribes Overland Trail.

#10 jsduty

jsduty

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts
  • LocationOconomowoc

Posted 16 April 2021 - 09:44 PM

The thing is, Sean with     Go Anywhere      Is only 16 miles from my house.  Plus I want to support a local CHEASE HEAD :D 
So I will have no issue with the fee.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users