5 replies to this topic

#1 NaturalSight

NaturalSight

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts
  • LocationSanta Cruz, CA

Posted 05 May 2021 - 04:34 AM

My 2013 Alaskan 10’s running lights hadn’t worked since I bought it used in early 2020. I have it on my 2019 Ford F-250 and had to rewire the plug on the truck to get it to charge properly and for the turn signal lights work on the camper. Just last week the camper’s running lights started coming and the center red strip of lights started blinking when I plugged the camper into the truck. When I start the truck the running lights do not come on nor do they they blink. Anyone have an idea of what is causing that and how I might proceed in fixing it?

#2 Jim in Idaho

Jim in Idaho

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts
  • LocationBlackfoot, Idaho

Posted 05 May 2021 - 12:31 PM

The first thing to check is always your ground system. Be sure you have a solid ground connection between the truck and the camper. That is a common problem with pickups and campers/trailers.

Jim

Edited by Jim in Idaho, 05 May 2021 - 12:32 PM.

#3 Harold

Harold

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 31 posts
  • LocationIdaho

Posted 05 May 2021 - 05:33 PM

Also the clearance lights have a ground wire that contacts the camper skin. If you have a loose screw it can break contact and the whole system could fail.

#4 wcj

wcj

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 49 posts
  • LocationSW Montana

Posted 06 May 2021 - 01:59 AM

I had similar problems, solved by tightening screws on each light to complete ground. Correct the ground and the problem goes away.

2004 chevy duramax 73 cabover (sold to a friend) 70 NCO rebuilt 2004 cabover

#5 SER

SER

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 47 posts
  • LocationFlagstaff Arizona

Posted 22 May 2021 - 03:20 PM

Also check the plug on the camper.  Back then the female outlet was wired backwards not the standard lay out on most light receiver plugs.  Also I have check for corrosion at the bulb connections and in the housing.

#6 NaturalSight

NaturalSight

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts
  • LocationSanta Cruz, CA

Posted 22 May 2021 - 06:13 PM

Thanks for all the suggestions.  I resolved the blinking red bar light problem by getting the plugs between the truck and camper more firmly seated.  I am still not getting the running lights to go on with the headlights but at least the red light bar above the camper door is no longer blinking.  Will try to sort that out when I get a chance.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users