• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#11 allanb

allanb

• Members
  • 193 posts
  • LocationPhysical location N.w. Wa. Spiritual location rocky mtn west

Posted 07 May 2021 - 03:59 AM

Great report. Rig to drool over. Congrats!!!

#12 billharr

billharr

• Members
  • 2,824 posts
  • LocationStockton CA

Posted 15 May 2021 - 01:01 AM

Ted.  Going to copy part of your trip next week. Have a reservation at Burlington Campground in the Humboldt Redwoods State Park, Monday night. Going to go to Ferndale and take the Mattole Rd south back to the park. Then south and try to get a site at Westport Landing. Any Wander The Wester's wave if you see a big white van.

Bill

#13 marc

marc

Fire Proof

• Members
  • 1,121 posts
  • LocationSouth Shores California

Posted 16 May 2021 - 06:15 PM

Looking good Ted. I can't tell you how many times I mowed the grass at that campground when I worked for State Parks a lifetime ago, lol. Great looking Rig.

2016 Sprinter Silver Gray 144 Std. Roof 4x4. 3.0 diesle, Cooper "Dicoverer" ST Maxx 255/85/16

#14 sourdough

sourdough

• Members
  • 179 posts
  • Location(805)

Posted 01 June 2021 - 08:01 PM

Nice Tiger Ted. Looks like you are enjoying it. I've enjoyed mine and it now has 68K on it. FYI, I have explored every nook and cranny of the coach top to bottom and inside out. Feel free to PM me anytime to compare notes. Are you going to the Tiger meet in Colorado?

2013 Tiger CX Ram 3500 diesel 4x4

#15 Ted

Ted

Magellan

• Site Team
  • 2,781 posts
  • LocationEast of Sacramento

Posted 04 June 2021 - 01:21 AM

Thank you all for the nice comments. Sorry for the late response but we have put more than 4000 miles on it in the last month, so have not had a chance. I will do more photos soon. I was thinking of waiting until I finished a list of modifications, but Mrs Ted pointed out those never end so I would never post. Hmmm, good point. 

We did a trip to Grand Teton and another to Yellowstone. Unfortunately I have to return home every 10 days for treatment, so there was some long back and forth going on. We averaged 13.2 mpg which I am quite pleased with. With a 36 gallon gas tank, we now have a range of 400 miles as opposed to the 250 in our Tundra/Hawk model.

Sourdough, thanks for the offer. Will contact you if we have any questions. Skipping the rally this year but are interested in going sometime. I have been warned that you leave with a very long to-do list after seeing what others have done.

"Not all who wander are lost. Except Ted, he's usually lost."  Dirty Dog

#16 Casa Escarlata Robles Too

Casa Escarlata Robles Too

C'est la vie

• Site Team
  • 9,287 posts
  • Locationmonterey bay area

Posted 04 June 2021 - 06:24 PM

Ted great to hear you are getting good use from your new rig.

I envy your trip to Yellowstone. Our last visit was 2015 but we went spring and fall.

Sure miss the area.

Stay healthy my friend.

Frank

2002 Tundra AC TRD 4WD Limited 2009 ATC Bobcat loaded http://sharychic.blogspot.com/

#17 JWL

JWL

• Members
  • 295 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 04 June 2021 - 10:04 PM

Nice rig Ted! One of these days… I’m looking forward to your future posts. Love the photos too.

And it is getting harder around here to even get reservations!

2007 Tundra 5.7L Dbl cab

2020 Hawk Shell

#18 Casa Escarlata Robles Too

Casa Escarlata Robles Too

C'est la vie

• Site Team
  • 9,287 posts
  • Locationmonterey bay area

Posted 04 June 2021 - 10:57 PM

Nice rig Ted! One of these days… I’m looking forward to your future posts. Love the photos too.

And it is getting harder around here to even get reservations!

It's almost next to impossible here in Ca. to get anything state or fed until late Sept.

Oh well that's the way it goes.We don't want to be out there with that many other people anyway.

Frank

2002 Tundra AC TRD 4WD Limited 2009 ATC Bobcat loaded http://sharychic.blogspot.com/

#19 DavidGraves

DavidGraves

• Members
  • 1,267 posts

Posted 05 June 2021 - 01:22 AM

Ted

Enjoy the new rig.

A Tiger visited some neighbors of ours recently....it was PLASTERED with bumper stickers at the rear......never got to meet the folks.

David Graves

North coast ORegon

#20 longhorn1

longhorn1

Ouch, that stings!

• Members
  • 2,826 posts
  • LocationCarmel, Indiana

Posted 16 June 2021 - 05:47 PM

Congrats. That is a sweet looking rig. Thanks for sharing on your break-in trip. My wife struggles to get up the bed of our FWC. Changes might be on the future for us. We will see.

http://texaslonghorns01.blogspot.com/

Ford F-250 Long bed, 2014 Grandby

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users