#11 Curmudgeon

Curmudgeon

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 39 posts
  • LocationKlamath County, OR

Posted 08 May 2021 - 07:12 AM

I’m confused. My residence is in the Bay Area, CA…I placed an order and it went through. I used PayPal. The seller is located in Los Angeles.

My suggestion is to keep your mouth shut and your fingers crossed, and let us know if the order actually gets shipped or cancelled. 

Jim Price

curmudgeon: n. a crusty, ill-tempered, irascible, cantankerous old person . . . .

#12 Curmudgeon

Curmudgeon

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 39 posts

Posted 08 May 2021 - 07:14 AM

Does anyone make/sell lockable mounting brackets for them?

Yes, they are standard NATO/Wavian/Valpro cans. 

Jim Price

curmudgeon: n. a crusty, ill-tempered, irascible, cantankerous old person . . . .

#13 tailwalk

tailwalk

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 08 May 2021 - 04:59 PM

My suggestion is to keep your mouth shut and your fingers crossed, and let us know if the order actually gets shipped or cancelled.

This kind of offensive response is one reason why I refrain from posting in forums. Things can be said in nicer ways, i.e.”My suggestion is keep it to yourself and your fingers crossed…” But some people just don’t care.

Nevertheless, I’ll take your suggestion… I’ll keep my mouth shut and keep it to myself (shipped or cancelled).

#14 Curmudgeon

Curmudgeon

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 39 posts

Posted 08 May 2021 - 05:59 PM

This kind of offensive response is one reason why I refrain from posting in forums. Things can be said in nicer ways, i.e.”My suggestion is keep it to yourself and your fingers crossed…” But some people just don’t care.

Nevertheless, I’ll take your suggestion… I’ll keep my mouth shut and keep it to myself (shipped or cancelled).

All I can say is WOW!!! You must be easily offended.  There is absolutely nothing offensive about my post unless you choose to interpret it that way. 

Jim Price

#15 ntsqd

ntsqd

Custom User Title

• Members
  • 2,881 posts
  • LocationNorth So.CA

Posted 09 May 2021 - 04:18 AM

Participating in online forums requires both a thicker skin than perhaps normal and some tolerance for how people say things since you're not able to read body language etc. What is normal word use to one person may be strange/weird/harsh to another and without being able to see the person while they're saying it you have to be tolerant until it becomes clear what their intent truly is. Jim's response, from my first pass at reading it, was frank and direct, but not offensive.

I would really like to know if the shipment does go thru.

Thom

Where does that road go?

#16 JHanson

JHanson

• Members
  • 488 posts
  • LocationTucson and Fairbanks

Posted 09 May 2021 - 02:46 PM

All I can say is WOW!!! You must be easily offended.  There is absolutely nothing offensive about my post unless you choose to interpret it that way. 

I have to agree. 

#17 Wandering Sagebrush

Wandering Sagebrush

Free Range Human

• Site Team
  • 10,584 posts
  • LocationNortheast Oregon

Posted 11 May 2021 - 09:46 PM

Mine arrived today.  One small dent, a bit stiff to open, but like new inside.  The oldest one was made in November 1951, when The Bride was 10 months old, and I was three.

Thanks again, Jim!

I am haunted by waters

#18 JaSAn

JaSAn

Grumpy Old Man

• Members
  • 1,105 posts
  • LocationMinnesota

Posted 12 May 2021 - 02:06 AM

What is shipping cost on these?

Sköldpaddan, a 1977 FWC Grandby
Renovating Skoldpaddan
2012 Ram 2500 4X4
1951 Dodge Power Wagon

#19 Curmudgeon

Curmudgeon

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 39 posts

Posted 12 May 2021 - 02:26 AM

What is shipping cost on these?

It depends on how many you order, where you live, and what shipping method you choose.  I ordered 14 cans.  They came in five boxes and shipping was $96.91.  Each box is large enough to hold 3 cans.  If I had ordered 16 cans, shipping jumped to almost $150.  You'll just have to play with your shopping cart to find a sweet spot.  For me it was 14.

Jim Price

#20 pvstoy

pvstoy

• Members
  • 2,770 posts
  • LocationCarson City, NV

Posted 15 May 2021 - 12:34 AM

All gone, not listed on web page any more.  

Patrick

2015 FWC Hawk Flatbed

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: fuel, nato, jerry

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users