#1 robcc

robcc

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 57 posts
  • LocationBayfield Colorado

Posted 30 May 2021 - 01:35 PM

We have the Kohree 12V Led Ceiling Dome Lights. Seeking a softer light. I spoke with our camper manufacturer and they said there are no options for installing a lower wattage. Any other ideas to dim the lights to a softer light? 

#2 Wandering Sagebrush

Wandering Sagebrush

Free Range Human

• Site Team
  • 10,574 posts
  • LocationNortheast Oregon

Posted 30 May 2021 - 02:17 PM

The product description says natural daylight, which is about 5000°K, you might find a warmer led card, something around the 3000°-3700° Kelvin range.

I also noted that Kohree says they are now offering dimmable fixtures as an upgrade.  

I am haunted by waters

#3 PaulT

PaulT

Need gumbo

• Members
  • 2,611 posts
  • LocationHillsboro, Oregon

Posted 30 May 2021 - 02:21 PM

Look at Luci lights or equivalent solar powered lights. We keep ours on the dash to recharge while driving or lay in the sun while camping. They have several brightness levels & provide light for hours. We hang a couple from the ceiling or place on a cabinet. If you sit under one, there is enough light for reading. We use the 12v factory lights when very bright light is needed. We like to keep our eyes dark adapted.

There are other brands that have multiple colors. Some fairly innovative lights are available

REI, Camping World, and other vendors of camping gear usually carry lights like these.There are also rechargeable strings of LEDs that you may like. Most are cheap enough to buy a couple to try on a camping trip or two. 

https://www.rei.com/...e-solar-lantern

Paul

I thought getting old would take longer.

#4 Old Crow

Old Crow

Searching....

• Members
  • 1,059 posts
  • LocationSouth Central PA

Posted 30 May 2021 - 02:42 PM

Here's another Kohree that may be of interest.... dimmable and includes warm-white option...

Kohree Ultra-Thin 12V Led RV Interior Light, 3-Level Dimmable Camper Trailer Ceiling Dome Lights with Switch-2-Pack & Two-Color Temperature Combination

'01 FWC Hawk shell on a '13 Tundra Double-Cab  + '19 Ford Transit van with Quigley 4x4 option

#5 rando

rando

• Members
  • 1,638 posts
  • LocationColorado

Posted 30 May 2021 - 03:20 PM

If you are happy with your existing light fixtures, you can add a 'CTO Gel' to the lens to make the color appear warmer and less harsh. 

I added these to the FWC linear LED fixtures.   Previously they were operating theater bright and fairly harsh.  With a layer of 1/2 CTO they are slightly less bright and provide a much warmer light. 

Edited by rando, 30 May 2021 - 03:33 PM.

2016 Fleet Flatbed

2016 Toyota Tacoma

#6 ckent323

ckent323

• Members
  • 1,226 posts
  • LocationSolvang, CA

Posted 30 May 2021 - 04:31 PM

To get the light you want pay attention to color temperature.   For soft, not too yellow light, I like a color temp around 3300K, for bright daylite color I prefer a color temp around 4500K - 5000K.    For cool white I like a color temp around 5500K - 5800K.  The lights with color temp over 5800K have a bluish tint that I don't care for.  They are quite bright.  However, it is a matter of personal preference.   The following chart is a reasonable guide.

blg-colortemperature.jpg

Edited by ckent323, 31 May 2021 - 08:37 AM.

1993 Dodge Cummins W-250 Club Cab long bed, 2007 FWC Keystone

#7 Vic Harder

Vic Harder

Doctor Electric

• Site Team
  • 4,948 posts
  • LocationCalgary, Alberta

Posted 05 June 2021 - 07:17 AM

I used the 40" 300K LED strips from eShine

Extra Long Kits (20 inch and 40 inch panels) – EShine (eshinestore.com)

#8 kmcintyre

kmcintyre

• Members
  • 1,381 posts
  • LocationBoise, ID

Posted 05 June 2021 - 09:30 AM

Have you thought about using something like a translucent tape and putting it over the LEDs?  Our LEDS were too bright so I just used some electrical tape over some of them... problem solved.  I'm thinking you could use something like those light colored/clear fabric Band-Aids.

Boise, ID

2022 Chevy 3500 HD

2023 FWC Flatbed Hawk

#9 JaSAn

JaSAn

Grumpy Old Man

• Members
  • 1,103 posts
  • LocationMinnesota

Posted 06 June 2021 - 01:38 AM

Color filters used for theatrical or concert lighting.  A theatrical supply house should be able to give you a gel (a thin color filter that modifies the light spectrum) to modify the light to your liking.

Sköldpaddan, a 1977 FWC Grandby
Renovating Skoldpaddan
2012 Ram 2500 4X4
1951 Dodge Power Wagon

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: LED light

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users