2 replies to this topic

#1 MattK

MattK

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
  • LocationVentura/Santa Barbara, CA

Posted 08 June 2021 - 12:20 AM

Hi, hope someone wiser than me can help...

Roof lights stopped working in our 2005 Hawk. Pretty sure I've isolated the problem, and I don't think it's frayed wires behind the folding wooden panel that allows the camper roof to go up and down:

https://www.wanderth...to-roof-wiring/

In my case, the wires behind the wooden panel look okay. As a test, I snipped them and ran wires from that point directly to the fuse box. Lights worked just fine.  

So I'm pretty sure I have a faulty/damaged/corroded (?) section of wire somewhere in the inaccessible black hole behind the fuse box. Somewhere between that point and the folding wooden panel. If I could find the damaged wire, I could repair it w/ a butt connector and some electrical tape. But I can't find it. Because I can't access it.

Anyone know how to access that area on an '05 Hawk w/o tearing the thing apart?

Thanks!

Attached Thumbnails

• IMG_5669.jpg
  • IMG_5671.jpg

#2 Stan@FourWheel

Stan@FourWheel

• Members
  • 2,375 posts
  • LocationWoodland, CA

Posted 08 June 2021 - 01:02 AM

Matt

Left you a voice mail, but pretty sure this is where you will find the short . . .

https://www.wanderth...to-roof-wiring/

Hope this helps.

Feel free to call if this doesn't take care of it. Most of the time it is the wires behind the front folding lift panel, where they have bent so many times over the years from the folding panel going up and down.

Stan

Stan Kennedy --- Four Wheel Pop-up Campers
1400 Churchill Downs Avenue, Suite A

Woodland, CA 95776
(800) 242-1442 or (530) 666-1442
www.fourwh.com  ---  e-mail = stan@fourwh.com

#3 MattK

MattK

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
  • LocationVentura/Santa Barbara, CA

Posted 08 June 2021 - 06:14 PM

Thanks for the phone call, Stan. Very much appreciated. Unfortunately the short is somewhere between the fuse box and that front folding lift panel. I followed the wires as much as possible w/o disassembling cabinets, stove, etc. but couldn't locate it. Any tips on accessing the area behind the fuse box / underneath the stove would be appreciated. Otherwise, thanks again for your time!   - Matt 

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: electrical, wires, fuses

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users