• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#11 goinoregon

goinoregon

• Members
  • 518 posts
  • LocationPDX

Posted 29 August 2021 - 03:31 AM

who knows ?  i bought first ATC in Mar/21. the only thing i wonder/regret, is that i should have put most of the purchase price on a vehicle loan. vehicle and home loan rates are incredibly low.  i just bought a 2019 midsize suv, and car loan was 2.3%. sheesh.

Oregon

#12 grandiodyssey

grandiodyssey

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 30 August 2021 - 05:40 PM

Our Tacoma w/ Swift Four Wheel Camper is now for sale: https://austin.craig...7370681771.html

#13 moveinon

moveinon

• Members
  • 156 posts
  • LocationMilwaukie Oregon

Posted 31 August 2021 - 11:10 PM

I certainly agree it is time to sell if anyone is thinking about it.  I decided to sell a month ago but did not get to it until a couple of weeks ago.  I bought my 4WC 9 years ago for $13,000 thinking I got a slight deal at the time but basically a fair price.  Two weeks ago I sold it for $15,000 and could have sold for more if I had wanted to.  I got multiple full price offers the first day, sight unseen.  The only upgrade I put into the camper was a new battery and nothing else.  Over those years I put over 70,000 miles on camper and truck and a lot of nights in the camper, it worked great for me with no repair or maintenance except replacing the screen door latch at $8.00.  It was a great camper that took me to many remote places and fishing spots.    I think that the new ones are overpriced, but think housing is overpriced too and they continues to go up so who knows.  I have always expected to loose money when buying an RV(have owned a lot of different ones) and never bought one as an investment of any kind, but the last three, a VW Syncro, VW Eurovan Westfalia and 4WC have all made money, amazing.  I do think that as wild fires make more remote areas less fun, the rookie campers decide to not keep camping, and covid hopefully returns life more back to normal that there will be some sell off for RVs.  I do not know if 4WC will be in the group of sell offs or not, but may be.  But know it is definitely a good time to be selling one, and not a good time to be buying one.

#14 billharr

billharr

• Members
  • 2,824 posts
  • LocationStockton CA

Posted 01 September 2021 - 01:17 PM

FWC and ATC are still a niche market. Because of the crowds in State and National parks that market is getting bigger. But inflation may be the biggest reason for the increase.

Bought a home 11 years ago for $200K, homes in area are now $550K

Bought a 2001 Hawk for $3,500 in 2009 sold for $7500 3 years later

Bought a 2013 Hawk shell for $10K, did a build and sold 7 years later for $20K

Nice to make some money on an RV but not good in the long run. New prices on almost any RV make you just say WTH. I did move from the FWC to a Class B. But don't expect to make money when I sell it. The "B" cost more than my first two home combined. Inflation may cost us all in the long run.

Edited by billharr, 01 September 2021 - 01:18 PM.

#15 Joel Deutsch

Joel Deutsch

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 47 posts
  • LocationCatawba County, NC

Posted 01 October 2021 - 05:21 PM

RC Pilot Jim,

We have a 2018 Four Wheel Camper Hawk Front Dinette with the Silver Spur interior upgrade, thermal pack, 160WT Solar and controller, dual 6 volt batteries, and a lot of other options, including an 8-ft side awning. This is our second Four Wheel Camper and we love it!  The camper is mounted on a 2018 Ford Lariat F-150 4x4 with the off-road package and a 6 1/2 foot bed. It has Ranch Hand rolled steel powder coated bumpers front and rear.  But, my wife and I are no longer spring chickens. Since her rotator cuff surgery last year camping has stopped being fun for my wife. And, when your wife’s not having , but, I digress…  We’d like to sell the truck and camper as a combo.

Where did you post your rig to get such a fast result? Thanks for your response. JD 

2010 Ford F-150 XLT with a 2010 FWC Hawk, air bags and solar panels

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users